Aftermarket Coil Recommendations? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

4Cruisers

SILVER Star
Threads
I need to buy a new ignition coil for an '82 Tercel, but OEM is NLA. I found an NGK coil at RockAuto for a decent price. Is that a quality brand?

Last edited:
Do you have the OEM part #? Is it 90919-02117? If it is these are still available around $64 from Toyota
That's the correct number. I'll try another source, toyotapartsdeal.com shows it as discontinued.

Also take a look at VescovoToyota. They seem to be comparable prices but discounts can be found (freeship, and/or 10% off) but I don't know the code for that one.

I just bought two online from Vescovo Toyota of Las Cruces, with free shipping. BTW, under a different owner, that's the dealership where I had the opportunity to buy a used '62 FJ40 FST more than 20 years ago - I posted it on Pirate4X4 and later on it adorned the cover of Toyota Trails. The magazine said it was found by Morgan Fletcher and posted on the LCML, but I'm pretty sure that only happened due to my Pirate4X4 post.

FJ40-Las-Cruces-1.jpg

FJ40-Las-Cruces-2.jpg

I got an e-mail from Vescovo Toyota, the coil is NLA. I think I'll go with the NGK coil.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom