Advice/Thoughts of this FJ70 that I am interested in (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads

Here is the link for a FJ70 that I am going to look at. The seller said that is was restored and imported from Venezuela.
Seller said that the 3F has been rebuilt and a new clutch has been installed. This FJ70 has also been repainted and a full interior restore.

My concerns are the way they bent the steering rod for the spring over conversion that was done in Venezuela. Also the way the Pro Comp shock
is attached looks a little weird to me. Any input on this would be great. If you see anything else that looks out of place please point that out too.
Is there anything specific that I should be looking for when I go to see it other than rust, clean title, matching vin numbers ect..? Very interested in the
rig but I wish it didn't have the spring over conversion done to it.

Does anyone know what kind of roof rack and front bumper is on this FJ70? Seller thought the front bumper was a Pro Comp?? There is a cool
metal tray on the dash passenger side that I have never seen before. Anyone seen one of those or have one in there 70 series?
Thanks John

Yeah it needs high-steer for sure. That bend is basically a bandaid fix to keep it from interfering with the suspension.

My guess is that it was heated and bent. Not what I personally want with my steering system.

I’ve heard a lot of bad things about South American imported cruisers in general. The quality of work being the big thing. I’m sure there are some good builders and shops down there, but I’m just going off of what has usually been said about South American cruises.

Without a lot of documentiaon as to what has been done, bodywork? Paint? Rust? Etc...if would make me a little leery.

It looks nice, but that’s a high price for that rig. You are in factory turbo diesel factory lockers range at that price without the possible bad bodywork and suspension.

If it’s close I would check it out just to see, but seems pretty high priced to me

You would have to want a LHD shorty pretty bad to consider that one. The ad copy alone is a red flag. Also look closely at how the front axle is attached to the springs.

Wish I could just take this 70 from these broken English speaking guys and fix it. Or should I say
make it right!!! I saw the 1st picture and fell in love. Showed the add to a very knowledgeable mud friend and well everything
wrong was brought to my attention. Thanks everyone for your input.. Not going to drive 8hrs. for nothing..

If this is how they do their suspension, imagine their engine rebuilds. Full repaints always makes my radar stand up. ... but its really about price in the end

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom