Nissan Adventures in my 2016 Y61 patrol (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Had some more desert fun last week, next week going to get a winch mount fabricated to sit behind the stock bumper and a tube bar to mount a pair of Hella xenon lights I picked up a few days ago.

20170415_174326-01.jpeg
20170415_180118-01.jpeg
20170415_180339-01.jpeg
20170415_183744-01.jpeg

That Patrol is really sweet, the U.S. never gets the best stuff from the Japanese auto manufacturers. You have some beautiful country over there, thanks for sharing the pics.

Got the winch mount installed on Saturday with the Warn 10k Tabor.

20170527_121655.jpg

20170527_121642.jpg

The light mount was ready got installed and had the lights mounted and wired up.
The light and winch mount were both coated with line-x.

20170527_133711.jpg

20170527_133811.jpg

I like how the winch is hidden nicely in the stock bumper I might repalce the fairlead to a black one but if this one doesn't stand out too much will leave it as is.
The lights are great, I went out to the desert and did an a quick adjustment but will do a proper one once I have time to to do a good night drive through the desert to set them up perfectly.

20170529_134140.jpg

Any updates?
I actually pulled off the lightbar and winch to install an oil cooler and stock winch bumper, original bumper got a little damages from a parking lot hit and run.
20170808_210927.jpg
20170808_211113.jpg

Front and rear bumper skins cost around $200 and got the fender flares painted black to match.

Reactions: N22
Here's how we mounted the cooler by bending and cutting the universal mounts that came with it.
20170810_161304.jpg

20170810_161315.jpg

A foam piece we had laying around was used as a grommet to make sure the lines don't rub
20170810_161331.jpg

The lines were routed and ziptied in a way they won't be running on any metal and on each other.
20170810_161343.jpg
20170810_161926.jpg

The connection to the oil cooler was sweating a bit of oil out after a few days and the adapter on the oil filter housing would let out a few drops from time to time. If we can't stop the leaks we might need to replace the lines.

Once the leaks are sorted, I'll check on the clearance of the winch and might have to lower the plate by 1-2cm to clear the cooler. Also the light mount needs to be modified as the number plate now blocks the area the mount goes through.

Reactions: N22
Here's the patrol with the black fenders and bumpers, bringing the trailer back after getting it ready for the winter season.

20170909_155325-01.jpeg

Not many updated as most my time is spent trying to finish up my BMW 635 restoration

Another little update, had a Jerry can holder installed it was coated with line-x to keep it from rusting as it had a piss poor paint job.

20170916_201708.jpg

Another little update, had a Jerry can holder installed it was coated with line-x to keep it from rusting as it had a piss poor paint job.

View attachment 1538517
cool pics. My younger brother just got the same Patrol specs with white color in Riyadh for similar price. These trucks are built tough and can take lots of abuse. can't beat the affordable mods for these models such as turbo and off-roading upgrades. I am coming up for another trip to Abu Dhabi and it would be cool if we can hook up.

cool pics. My younger brother just got the same Patrol specs with white color in Riyadh for similar price. These trucks are built tough and can take lots of abuse. can't beat the affordable mods for these models such as turbo and off-roading upgrades. I am coming up for another trip to Abu Dhabi and it would be cool if we can hook up.
Let me know when you're here and we can plan something out

Hi Desert Nomad, interesting pics you have there on the Patrol. I wanted to get my LC80 front winch done. Where did you fabricate the mounting plate? Would love to get one done for myself. Also did you change front shocks and springs to accomodate the additonal weight

I got the plate fabricated at Robbies motorsports in DIP, ask for Vlad he does the custom fabrications.

Didn't need to upgrade suspension i think if I kept the steel winch line it would've been too much weight, but with the synthetic line on the Warn10k no problems whatsoever.

MashaAllah TabarkAllah - just noticed to switched sides ! I hope you understand the local toyota-nissan rivalry :)

Why you didn't go for the super safari ! thats a beautiful looking machine !

MashaAllah TabarkAllah - just noticed to switched sides ! I hope you understand the local toyota-nissan rivalry :)

Why you didn't go for the super safari ! thats a beautiful looking machine !
Wanted a manual and picked it up before the super safaris came out, plus side it doesn't have tpms and traction control to annoy me. I already have @Thebedouin60 cursing me for the switch

Got the chrome grille, side mirrors and door handles vinyl wrapped in black matte.

20171226_145754.jpg
20171226_145815.jpg

Also de-catted the exhaust and re-tuned the motor, had an issue with too much pressure building up in the gas tanks causing the engine to bog when accelerating from standstill. Used to happen 2-3 times per day and after swapping the gas caps of the main and sub tank it has only happened once in the past few months. Need to go over all the fuel lines, breather lines and check functionality of the charcoal canister.

Wow my last update request was a year and a half ago. @Desert Nomad are you out there still?
Hey man, actually had a death in the family back in 18 and then spent almost 1.5 years in military service and had very limited cell service during that time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom