Advantages of the Pre 02 ARB bumper over the later version? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So, I found an older thread and the take home for me is, the later bumper has stronger wings. Since I’m mostly looking for protection from animal strikes that seems to be the better option for me.
That was the ultimate conclusion that I came to as well when deciding which one to install on my 2000.

I think its the Deluxe (has fog lamps on it) and the Commercial (no fog lamps). I think commercial also has the protruding rubber nudge guard.

I believe that the “rubber bumpers” are available for either. What I’d like to know, and ha be asked but unconfirmed, is whether the newer style bar protrudes further to the front.

I believe that the “rubber bumpers” are available for either. What I’d like to know, and ha be asked but unconfirmed, is whether the newer style bar protrudes further to the front.
I think the later style bar protrudes slightly less, though the difference is nominal.

I had no idea that's what those rubber things were for.

I made what I consider a mistake and bought the year model appropriate bumper for my 2000. I dearly miss the ability to mount fog lights (I have them mounted high, where most people mount driving lights, and aimed low).

I had no idea that's what those rubber things were for.

I made what I consider a mistake and bought the year model appropriate bumper for my 2000. I dearly miss the ability to mount fog lights (I have them mounted high, where most people mount driving lights, and aimed low).

It looks like you could cut out the triangular opening and insert the fog light kit. I wish we could get some pics of the various ARB options bc the websites all lack good pics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom