Advanced Adapter Ranger III Overdrive questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently purcahsed a used AA ranger III OD unit. It is the over drive unit that mates a Chevy 350 to a toyota Landcruiser 4 speed transmission. I want to use this adapter and mate it to a SM465 Transmission. What parts do I need to change to make this work? On the web site, It looks like rear plate is all that needs to be changed. It appears I need to swap PN 761037 (landcrusier plate) with PN 761033 (chevy Plate). Any help is appreciated if anyone had experience with these. Thanks

Lee :beer:

Sounds like you have spent some time researching this. Regarding your question, what better place to get factual information than to ask them directly? Advance Adapters.Com Engine & Transmission Conversion Adapters

Even though you didn't buy it new from them, they still should support their products plus they have the possibility of selling you additional parts needed. I'm sure they will!

Well to answer my own question, PER AA's email I recieved back from them after I posted here.... "all that needs changing is the rear plates".

Turn around time for them to answer my email was 2 hours which shocked me.

Thought maybe someone searching someday might find this useful if they find a "deal" on a GM Ranger III OD unit and want to put it in conjunction with their LC 4 speed.

I did the exact same thing with my overdrive. I think the part was about $100....cool and good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom