Add Toyota Remote Start to 2021 LC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Installed 12 Volt Solutions on my '17 over the weekend. Hardest part was figuring out where to put the control box thingy so I could ensure it wouldn't rattle. Otherwise it was incredibly simple.

Installed 12 Volt Solutions on my '17 over the weekend. Hardest part was figuring out where to put the control box thingy so I could ensure it wouldn't rattle. Otherwise it was incredibly simple.
Good to hear - anything other than easy trim removal around the steering wheel/driver's footwell? I think I'm going to order with the app interface too. Thanks

This thread is mostly dead, but is there install instructions with the factory remote start module? My dealership doesn't seem to be too keen at doing anything outside of cookie cutter replacement parts on vehicles.

This thread is mostly dead, but is there install instructions with the factory remote start module? My dealership doesn't seem to be too keen at doing anything outside of cookie cutter replacement parts on vehicles.
The factory system plugs inline with the factory wiring harness. 100% plug and play, no "wiring" involved. The kit I used for my 2016 LC is the same PN that works on my girlfriend's 2018 Highlander

PT39860160 is what Toyota sold me; supercedes the old LC kit PN. According to my local dealer it will work on a 2019-2021 also but I can't confirm it firsthand; they claim it is identical 2016+

The module came on a bracket that bolted into existing holes under the dash, one ground wire to hook to an existing ground attachment, and the rest were factory plugs going in line to the existing circuits.

Does PT398-60160 work for 2021? I know it says ‘16-19.
Hi guys, I hope this isn't too stupid a question, but will the PT398-60160 work on a 2017 LX570 or is it an "LC Only" item? I've looked through the Toyota and the Lexus parts sites, and while the Toyota fitment is confirmed for a 2017 LC all I get from Lexus for a 2017 LX570 is "Unable to verify part fitment for your vehicle". Thanks in advance for your tolerance for what's probably a newbie question.

Hi guys, I hope this isn't too stupid a question, but will the PT398-60160 work on a 2017 LX570 or is it an "LC Only" item? I've looked through the Toyota and the Lexus parts sites, and while the Toyota fitment is confirmed for a 2017 LC all I get from Lexus for a 2017 LX570 is "Unable to verify part fitment for your vehicle". Thanks in advance for your tolerance for what's probably a newbie question.
^this. From what I have found, remote start on 16+ LX seems to require subscription to Enform or something like that. I would love to just have it controlled from the fob without having to connect to the cloud/web whatever.

I'd also like to know the answer to this question.

Especially given that it appears the 12volt.Solutions box for the LX570 is only indicated to work through the 2015 model year.

Is there really no basic, "3-click" system available for the 2016+ LX?

I'd imagine the electrical "guts" of the starter, etc are the same as the LC. With that said, I have a 12 volt solutions remote start on my 2021 LC that I've had essentially since new.
I'd also like to know the answer to this question.

Especially given that it appears the 12volt.Solutions box for the LX570 is only indicated to work through the 2015 model year.

Is there really no basic, "3-click" system available for the 2016+ LX?

I'd imagine the electrical "guts" of the starter, etc are the same as the LC. With that said, I have a 12 volt solutions remote start on my 2021 LC that I've had essentially since new.
One would think so, yes -- but it does at least seem possible that they did something different with the 2016+ LX that would interfere with the way the "old"-style system functions (I think that's when Lexus started trying to upsell remote start as a paid monthly service).

When I emailed 12volt.Solutions a few months ago, their response was, "Unfortunately, we currently do not have a solution for that vehicle. Please keep checking back with us."

We can speculate about what that actually means, but I've yet to see confirmation from someone who's gotten it to work on the 2016+ LX.

The factory system plugs inline with the factory wiring harness. 100% plug and play, no "wiring" involved. The kit I used for my 2016 LC is the same PN that works on my girlfriend's 2018 Highlander

PT39860160 is what Toyota sold me; supercedes the old LC kit PN. According to my local dealer it will work on a 2019-2021 also but I can't confirm it firsthand; they claim it is identical 2016+

The module came on a bracket that bolted into existing holes under the dash, one ground wire to hook to an existing ground attachment, and the rest were factory plugs going in line to the existing circuits.
How is yours working out?

After purchasing the Toyota remote for my 2020 Land Cruiser I finally got around to having it installed yesterday. They dealership had a bit of an issue getting to do the initial registration. My folk on here have stressed that you have to try several times cycling through. They did finally get it to work and I now have an operational remote start on my cruiser. I don't know if was the repeating of the registration but the tech also messed with the vin number in the tech stream to make it look like it was an 18 instead of a 20 but either way it does work.

Next I am going to try an figure out if I can get the ensuite app to work with it on my phone so I can have greater distance with the start. The ability to start from anyplace was a game changer on my tundra

Thank you.

I tried to get the factory remote start installed with no luck. I now have the drone mobile remote start that works with cell phone installed, but two car audio stores could not get it to register.

I installed the Beatsonic module for CarPlay, which is working great. Just need to get the remote start working and figure out how to add a physical button for the AC/heater fan.

This is dumb question but what is the sequence depressing the key fob buttons for remote start to work? My wife's worked at one point but she says she cannot remember what she pressed to make it work. She said she thought it was the lock button several times. We just got it back last month after a warranty transmission replacement and all of the driver settings, radio presets, phone sync, GPS info, service info, etc. remained programmed.

I am wondering if it has to programmed. We had to take it back to have the radar for the cruise reprogrammed due to the lift. Not sure why all the computer settings and programming were wiped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom