Add A-TRAC to your FJ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A-Trac - No Locker

Hi everyone,
I am new to this forum and about to buy an FJ (get it Monday). I have noticed all the great information on this thred, but have a question on the A-Trac hack.

Will this work on an FJ without the rear locker? I was scanning through the posts and saw a lot of detail with the locker. Can anyone just confirm its not possible :frown: or that it can be done?

Thanks and please be paitent as I am new to the 4X4 world!!!

Michael

A Trac - No Locker

Thanks TDDFJ!!
I read 4 of the 5 pages when I asked my question :whoops:, and it threw me under your post, which said locker needed.

Thanks again, a lot of useful information in here which I can use!

One last question on this subject... My FJ I am picking up does not have the locker, is this something which can be added later? I am not going to be doing any heavy 4x4 action, do I really need it or will stock suffice?

Thanks,
Michael

One last question on this subject... My FJ I am picking up does not have the locker, is this something which can be added later? I am not going to be doing any heavy 4x4 action, do I really need it or will stock suffice?

Thanks,
Michael

You can always add an aftermarket locker (Detroit, ARB) later when funds are appropriate. I suggest wheeling a stock fjc with some buddies to get to know the vehicle. A stock fjc, even without locker/atrac is pretty capable. Knowing your limits of the vehicle will serve you better than any locker/atrac. If you think you need a locker for harder wheeling/offroad situations, then that would be the time to get it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom