Add A-TRAC to your FJ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

mapleton cruiser said:
freakin awesome ! props to logic 2 props to you man for figuring it out you da bomb!!!!!!!!!

:bounce: :bounce2: :bounce: And also for trying out the OME lift, bigger tires, etc.

Thanks man.

Kathie

Excellent work, that's awesome.

Hopefully Toyota will leave well-enough alone. I don't think they'll do anything to stop it though, wheelers are only a small portion of the FJC buying public.

Cool breakthrough, if I was a base model GSJ15 owner I'd be pumped.

:cheers:

Gotta throw in my thanks

Logic you saved many a man a couple grand. I would give it to you but it would be best used on other upgrades.:D

alaskacruiser said:
logic2- I don't even own an FJC, but I'd like to thank you for being a "pioneer" in this ATRAC thing. Great work!

I suggest we call this the Alex-Logic-Mod. Do a write up with some photos of the wires, the switch, switch plate removal, etc. Before & after with the A-TRAC light lit up.

These things have a way of making one immortal in the Cruiser world. :D

-B-

:) good job logic 2 you just made my day. Nothin like savin a little money where it counts ,traction!!!!! Really appreciate the blood , sweat, and tears it took to figure this one out.Fjs are gonna rule just like the old ones!:bounce2:

Beowulf said:
I suggest we call this the Alex-Logic-Mod. Do a write up with some photos of the wires, the switch, switch plate removal, etc. Before & after with the A-TRAC light lit up.

These things have a way of making one immortal in the Cruiser world. :D

-B-

how about the Alex-Ick-Logic mod? :)

garrett1478 said:

Well, I've reread the whole thread including the profanity by k_os (why do people think repeated use of the word "Fxxx" makes them sound intelligent?)

How about the Alex-Logick mod?

-B-

garrett1478 said:

I hope Toyota doesn't have the "anti " mod.
Maybe this thread should be buried.

As I will be forever the sceptist, has anyone crossed an FJC up in a ditch, preferably muddy to see if this works in the field.
Will it work with the auto? (it will be for the wife)
The 4Runner I rode in felt like the t-case was going to explode with all that gnashing and such from underneath.

Someone run one on a slippery surface. It won't take much, just some tire slippage.

this will work on the automatic as well right?:confused:

mapleton cruiser said:
this will work on the automatic as well right?

Why don't you duplicate the test with your auto and let us know. As Alex pointed out, the ECU p/n is different for trucks without the rear axle locker so the Alex-Logick mod is unlikely to work on those trucks.

-B-

i do have the rear locker

Well, whatcha waitin' for. Get outside and do the test!

-B-

Amazing news guys. I've been following this thread since the beginning. I guess I need to get myself a switch and see if I can get it to work. Great job and thanks for the info!!!

GREAT job, Ian and Mike! My A-TRAC switch just came in today, now I just need to buy the rest of the FJ Cruiser. Unfortunately I have to finish selling my current house and buy a new one before that happens.

Now, how about trying the next step: Using the locker and A-TRAC at the same time...https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=84238

Edit: The A-TRAC switch part number is 84988-35060.

alaskacruiser said:
logic2- I don't even own an FJC, but I'd like to thank you for being a "pioneer" in this ATRAC thing. Great work! :cheers:

I 2nd.. Makes me want to fork over the cash to do so myself...

very cool. now i wish i bought one!

ATRAC switch showed up today, I plan to pop it in tonight and see if I can find a good spot to "test it out"! :D

Weedo said:
ATRAC switch showed up today, I plan to pop it in tonight and see if I can find a good spot to "test it out"! :D

Update:
I used a tiny screwdriver, popped off the "faux button", plugged in the A-TRAC switch, put it in 4-Low, pressed the A-TRAC button, and the A-TRAC light turned "on" on the dashboard! :eek:

Didn't get a chance to test it anywhere, but it sure appears it works great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom