Add a 6" lift, a Arb bumper, some swampers, sliders and.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mikesta

Never decruiserfied
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.showmerents.com
you've got a nice looking Cruiser...

Its probably an accident that I have the FJtoys domain. If I had Mad machining skills and Machining tools, I'd buy one and tear it apart and make it look like a cruiser should.

With all respect

Mikesta said:
you've got a nice looking Cruiser...

Its probably an accident that I have the FJtoys domain. If I had Mad machining skills and Machining tools, I'd buy one and tear it apart and make it look like a cruiser should.

With all respect

Agreed. You're right. Here's how a Cruiser should look. :D :D :D

Oh boy.....here comes the hate mail! :D :D :D

Last edited:
Ah the 100 series... aka Minivan... yea thats a great truck too... MODDED

Mikesta said:
Ah the 100 series... aka Minivan... yea thats a great truck too... MODDED

That's a pic of my Landscalade (no dubs).

Even outfitted with a 12V thermo latte heater with anti vibration/spill base.

I think if you put a lift On it, it would look less like a mini van... but your on your way with that spill base. :)

Mikesta said:
I think if you put a lift On it, it would look less like a mini van... but your on your way with that spill base. :)

Can you believe I thought when it was stock it could go anywhere? Rookie wheeler! Man, I've learned a lot the last 4+ years. On my first trip the guys in the club told me I should have got an 80. I asked "what's an 80?". :D

Last edited:
Why are we talking about 100 series.. I'm bashing the FJ in this thread.

Mikesta said:
Why are we talking about 100 series.. I'm bashing the FJ in this thread.

Cuz I'm an idiot.

What if those FJ's end up being really sweet when modded out? Think of how lame our 80's and my 100 was when stock? Of course I don't expect an FJ to eat a 80 or a 100 on the trails....BUT....think of all the aftermarket support they're gonna get? Could transform that thing into a serious wheeler and without a solid front axle. :confused:

a: You have a cruiser... as long as PT isnt in front of it... Your not an Idiot
b: Exactly only mods can help it.

There is going to be huge aftermarket support for these things. Hardly any stock rig is gonna be what we are looking for. Sure they are ugly, but so is my FJ-40 to most people.

Demello Offroad in SoCal has already swaped a solid axle onto a 2005 Taco, the FJ is next. Bentup Offroad in Sacramento has done to many SAS swaps on Tacos to even count em now.

There are some creative people out there that will make the FJ Cruiser trail worthy, it just might take a few $$$.

I think that the FJ Cruiser will be a decent wheeler, once every body gets fed up with them and start selling em for cheap :)

maybe fed up arent the right words, but you get what I mean. Once people can start picking em up cheap, the swaps and what not will begin to happen big time. Just my .02

6 months or less = first SAS on a FJ Cruiser. It's bound to happen.

sorry for my ignorance, but what is SAS?

Thanks ken

ok... sorry to flame... thats what happens when I have nothing to do... carry on.

FJ Cruisers... I might actually get one... in 10 years

msahr said:
6 months or less = first SAS on a FJ Cruiser. It's bound to happen.
I would guess WAY less than that. Think about this, if you owned a aftermarket accessory company, you wanted to be the first one out there with sliders, bumpers, etc for the FJ Cruiser...so you would literately buy it one day, drive it to the shop and start working that day on the SAS, completed in probably a day or two, and then lift it, put your decals on it and get every 4x4 magazine you can find to take pictures of it (i.e. pimp it out)...it might be awhile before a normal consumer wants a SAS, but as a shop thing, it could be done very quickly.

When you consider who is targeted by Toy with this vehicle it has definate after-market mod. potential.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom