Active Height Control Delete (Suspension Install) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Dudes, this might be a video some of you could use. If your 100 series has that Active Height Control System and you're looking to delete it and go to a conventional suspension system, this video will help you get the job done. Enjoy the show and Happy Wrenching!

Last edited:
Fyi, AHC = active height control. Makes it easier for people to search in the future. Can you update the thread title?

By the way, love your videos, used them several times for my old 2000 4r.

Fyi, AHC = active height control. Makes it easier for people to search in the future. Can you update the thread title?

By the way, love your videos, used them several times for my old 2000 4r.

Thanks for the correction. My buddy told me the wrong term.

Thanks for the correction. My buddy told me the wrong term.

Your buddy is in the majority. Most people, even on this forum, think that A = automatic. Your safest search term is "AHC". We're kinda picky around here, aren't we.

Last edited:
Your buddy is in the majority. Most people, even on this forum, think that A = automatic. Your safest search term is "AHC". We're kinda picky around here, aren't we.

Yeah, you are a picky bunch on this forum but there's nothing wrong with using the correct terminology. I do appreciate the correction.

Good video. Thorough. If you guys end up taking all the components off and scrapping them, I may be interested in the shocks, pump, height accumulator, control valve and a globe or two if they have a known replacement date. I'd provide pre-paid shipping labels.

Good video. Thorough. If you guys end up taking all the components off and scrapping them, I may be interested in the shocks, pump, height accumulator, control valve and a globe or two if they have a known replacement date. I'd provide pre-paid shipping labels.

We cut off the tops of the shocks and I think those went into our recycling bin after the job. But, if I help Ryan remove all the other components off his rig, I'll contact you.

Great video. I'm about to do the exact same install on my LX

Just heed the warning I gave in the video. Use a tube and direct the stream into a catch basin. When you bleed the first actuator on the front or rear, the hydraulic fluid comes out with a fair amount of force and volume. Good luck with the job and report back how it went for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom