accident in a LJ78 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

crushers

post ho
Threads
so yesterday Berni and i are taking the dogs for a walk in the country side. we find this old un-improved, non-maintained road that seems to go on for miles twisting through the feilds by a bunch of well sites so we let the mutts out and away they go. the road was muddy and rutted with small "lakes" on either side and i kept hopeing to see wild life but no luck.
we get back into town and i decide "let's go pick up the new tires for the Carry Truck. as we are heading down i spot a real nice 82 Mazda pickup turning into our lane in sweet shape (i used to own one and the thing was TOUGH)we get a block away from the shop and have to stop for a turnign vehicle and Berni (who was driving) says, "OH crap we are going to get hit!!" the sqeal of brakes and BANG, the kid hits us good.
i get out and take a look at the damage, a palm size dent in the rear bumper and the trim pushed out about 1/2" so i tell him to pull into the parking lot. i take another look at his 82 Mazda pickup, the same one i noticed jhust minutes before. it seems his truck went under the spare tire on the back door. he lost a grill, front bumper, crunched the fender and the corner of the hood. OUCH!
he came across like a good kid so i told him he has much more to worry about than we do so i sent him on his way.
those decorative rear bumpers on these trucks really do their job.
i was impressed.
cheers

Glad you and Bernie are OK, and sorry to hear about the rumpled metal (minor as it is). Nice to hear the mini beasts are tough!

thanks Steve,
yah, it was real minor but it did help me to realize how easy one can happen. a person can get real complacent as the years go by...
cheers

any pics, those bumpers and your 2mm thick body panels, lol. I would hate to kit a cruiser in anything!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom