“Access door” behind oil pan to get into the trans is gone (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok guys, I feel really stupid asking this, and I’m scared to find out the answer. I’m 99% sure that this isn’t supposed to be like this and I’ve broken something, so I’m going to ask because I don’t even know where to start on the fix. (I’m also 15 and attempting to learn about cars through fixing this thing up, so please don’t be mean I’m trying to learn as much as I can. This has happened in the last month or so because I was under the truck at the beginning of March putting new sway bar bushings in. When I was under the truck last night, I noticed what I only know to call as an “access panel” that wasn’t there. This picture is of what I think is the transmission right behind the oil pan. Just FYI I haven’t driven it since I saw this just to be safe. If you know anything about this please share. Just the name of what that little door is would be very helpful to start my research. Again I’m 15 and I’m learning so please be kind and help me figure this out.

5032F70D-129B-44F3-B639-DF8700279392.jpeg

There's a rubber plug that fits there.
Nothing is broken, just missing.
90950-01803

Last edited:
This is what you need and the part #. Plug Hole - Toyota (90950-01803). About $5-10$ from Toyota. They get loose and brittle with age and can fall out.

9095001803.jpg

Congratulations, you did not break your truck and the missing part is one of the cheapest parts imaginable. You may want to get this from your local dealer since shipping is likely to be more than the cost of the part if ordered online.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom