AC Problems - 2003 LC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good evening- I’ve searched the forums the last couple days and haven’t found anyone having the same symptoms my truck is having. If I’m wrong and the topic has been covered before, a link to the thread would be much appreciated! Just bought the car, so can’t say how long it’s been going on or how the problem has progressed over time.

Once I turn on AC, AC kicks on and blows cold for 3-5 mins. Then just blows ambient air for 3-5 mins. Repeats that cycle until finally after a couple hours, just seems to blow ambient air, no AC. Any help trouble shooting would be great! Thank you.

Good evening- I’ve searched the forums the last couple days and haven’t found anyone having the same symptoms my truck is having. If I’m wrong and the topic has been covered before, a link to the thread would be much appreciated! Just bought the car, so can’t say how long it’s been going on or how the problem has progressed over time.

Once I turn on AC, AC kicks on and blows cold for 3-5 mins. Then just blows ambient air for 3-5 mins. Repeats that cycle until finally after a couple hours, just seems to blow ambient air, no AC. Any help trouble shooting would be great! Thank you.

You'll have to put a set of gauges on it and see what the high and low side pressures are. Sounds like your Evaporator or TXV are freezing up.

This can occur for several reasons, but a low refrigerant charge is one of them.

Thank you. I’ll get my hands on some gauges and go from there.

Let us know what you find. Also if you see any fluctuating needles on the gauges.

Note also the ambient temperature when you do the test so we will know approximately what the pressures should be (varies with temperature).

Also make sure the peto tube in the dash isn’t full of dust.
Look under the drivers dash and you’ll find a small “vent”, that is what detects the temp inside the cabin, there is a tube that connects to the sensor.
The tube falls off.
The sensor gets dirty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom