ac problem (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hello everyone!
so recently ive fixed the ac on my 97 land cruiser, changed ac dryer, broken pipe,and evap cleaning however, the ac blows cool air but not cold as it should be.
ive noticed that when i turn the ac on, i can hear a (freon sound) in the console cooler so i put my hand in the box and i can feel a really cold temp down there, i dont know why the cooler turn on without pressing cool or ice buttons, but when i switch the ac off and press cool or ice button on the cooler box it only turn on the fan, so im not sure if the cooler box making the whole ac not working fine, maybe there an expansion valve stuck wide open that wont let the freon pressurize

one more thing, the compressor doesnt cycle when ac is on, it is running continuously
i will post a video about the cooler thing real soon
thank you

@isal71 I can't comment on why it isn't as cold as you would like, but I had the same issue with the continuous running of the Compressor. Behind the glove compartment on the right side there is a box on my 97 LX that had become unplugged partially. once it was plugged back in, the cycling returned to normal.

ive noticed that when i turn the ac on, i can feel a really cold temp down there, i dont know why the cooler turn on without pressing cool or ice buttons, but when i switch the ac off and press cool or ice button on the cooler box it only turn on the fan,

Just to be sure... you are saying that, with the AC button on, you get cold air to your console cooler but with the AC button off, you don't. It seems like your cool or ice buttons for your console cooler aren't controlling the air temperature to your console cooler. Rather, using the AC button to turn on the AC compressor, seems to control the temperature of your console cooler.

Is that right?

Just to be sure... you are saying that, with the AC button on, you get cold air to your console cooler but with the AC button off, you don't. It seems like your cool or ice buttons for your console cooler aren't controlling the air temperature to your console cooler. Rather, using the AC button to turn on the AC compressor, seems to control the temperature of your console cooler.

Is that right?

exactly, not to forget the hissing sound coming from the console cooler.

I have a question
How many expansion valves in the system?
My 97 got front and rear ac and a console cooler that i recorded on YouTube.
I think there is three txv but not sure what type in the cooler. If anyone can give a picture of the console txv or a diagram it will be helpful
Soon i will hookup a guages to see the pressures.

Update : really sad news
I've hooked up gauges while ac is running and it gives 70 psi on low side and almost the same on the high side which means a weak compressor

Before you write off the compressor, wrap a nice thick rag around the middle of the suction hose and squeeze it with some channel locks. If the high-side pressure jumps up then the compressor is pumping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom