AC pressures within range, but no bubbles after shutting off engine. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
All refrigerant was mysteriously gone after safelite replaced the windshield. No leaks, and no previous problems. I think an employee may have been upset that I required rivets, and wouldn’t let them use screws.

I’ve tested and recharged the system (vacuum pump and gauges) Low side pressure is about 25 psi, High side is about 205 psi. Vent temperature around 45 degrees. Ambient temperature in mid 80s. Humidity high 60s.

I don’t have any bubbles in the sight glass at shutdown. Do I need to remove some refrigerant with pressures in spec?
Thanks

Yeah. If I missed it in my search, oops, but I didn’t see anything about good pressure and no bubbles.

Yeah. If I missed it in my search, oops, but I didn’t see anything about good pressure and no bubbles.

You're good. Put the 'bubbles' thing out of your mind. It is a horrible diagnostic tool for these systems and R134a.

Trust your gauges, vent temps and pressure/temp charts.

You can revisit the refrigerant charge later when ambient temps increase.....but you are well within specs now.

You can probably 'fine tune' the charge a bit later by adding or subtracting refrigerant while watching your vent temps for diminishing returns.
^^^^
IF you have manifold gauges you can do this. A 'shop' can not spend the time chasing the last couple of degrees of cooling but the DIYer can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom