AC Idle Up Vacuum Switching Valve (VSV) Replacement (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
When I was searching for a replacement AC Idle Up Vacuum Switching Valve for my 87 FJ60, I could not find the definitive post that said, "yes, I have a solution, here is the part number, and it is a 100% form fit function replacement for the OE"

I found the part and installed it today. I can now make that statement. For the sake of posterity and others looking to replace this component, here is the part number:

88690-32280

It says "VALVE ASSY, MAGNET"

It works perfectly, same connector. $30 plus shipping from McGeorge.

It has the wire lead connector or on the body, like this substitute:

1592785223428.png

Very timely for me, thanks!

@chbrow10 would you be able to post a pic of -32280, or is it identical to that in the picture (-22470)?

Thanks

EO

Thanks!

Thanks for that. I have a very rare BJ60 (Asian version with the 3Bii) and quite a few parts are specific to my model, including this idle-up VSV. I only had the diagram in the EPC to go off and, based on that, I ordered 88690-22470. The part is actually discontinued but I managed to pick one up for $40 from a 22R-E supplier. Now I have to figure out where it was mounted (I think on the inner wing (fender)). Also how to tap into the vacuum line as the junction piece is also specific to my exact model (with AC but no clutch booster) and NLA!

Thanks again 👍
EO

Have to finally replace my VSV.
I found a couple of other part numbers that MAY work
#88690-90A10 is I think the original part #
#88690-89116 is a 4-Runner part from same era and is only $17.00, I just ordered one of these from SunnySide Toyota (Parts Barn) and will see how it works, I also ordered the 32280 just for fun to see what that looks like.

Funny thing is that i looked through every single FSM I have and could not find this thing on any diagram.

@BluewaltFJ60

So how did these different Idle Up VSV work out for you ?

Have to finally replace my VSV.
I found a couple of other part numbers that MAY work
#88690-90A10 is I think the original part #
#88690-89116 is a 4-Runner part from same era and is only $17.00, I just ordered one of these from SunnySide Toyota (Parts Barn) and will see how it works, I also ordered the 32280 just for fun to see what that looks like.

Funny thing is that i looked through every single FSM I have and could not find this thing on any diagram.

the 90A10 was the one i used and i did not test the 89116 but it looks "right" but you would need to change the connector. On another note, I did change my hood release (Toyota part still available) and now that it is 10 degrees in NY my heater motor is out, fortunately good aftermarket available

Hi, Why does Toyota say 88690-32280 does not work on a 1987?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom