AC condensation in passenger footwell fix (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 2005 LC has an issue with the condensation dripping on the feet of my front seat passenger. I think there is a fix that might involve drilling a hole in plastic and flushing with some foam and screwing in a drain plug? Cant seem to find it in the archives and hope someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Todd

Todd the Evaporator is in a housing and already has a 'drain' that exits the firewall. I would first be sure that line is clear. It can be accessed from underneath the vehicle. IF it is plugged fully or partially then the condensation is backing up in the Evaporator housing.

IF that does not prove to be the issue then likely the seal in the bottom portion of the housing needs to be replaced.

Evap seal2.jpg

Evap seal1.jpg

While you're down there, the AC likes to drip onto the sway bar bracket rusting it out , route that line somewhere or put some grease on the bracket it doesn't rust and break off. Seems every cruiser i've lifted up over here has that rusty spot.

Almost certain it's the seal. I just had a new evaporator put in. They used the old seal, which must have dried out with age so mine started leaking even though I knew the drain hole toward the front was clear. I sourced the new part and had the AC repair shop replace it. No more drips.

Wanted to add my voice to those who posted. This happened to mine and the exact fix is described above.

I just advised my Wife she was just imagining things... :rofl:

I will now source a new seal too then... :beer:

Cheers mates,
G

Just bought a 2000 LC and the former owner recommended this site. Already learning a lot. I have the same drip issue after a 3 hour trip. Where is the best place to but parts like the new evaporator seal shown a few threads above? Thx.

Todd the Evaporator is in a housing and already has a 'drain' that exits the firewall. I would first be sure that line is clear. It can be accessed from underneath the vehicle. IF it is plugged fully or partially then the condensation is backing up in the Evaporator housing.

IF that does not prove to be the issue then likely the seal in the bottom portion of the housing needs to be replaced.

View attachment 2743897
View attachment 2743898
Did the part number change?

I ran into this issue today and saw that a drain on the firewall was not blocked and was letting water drain, is there another drain I can only see from under the vehicle? I was able to check the firewall one easily from the engine compartment and want to make sure I’m not missing something

EDIT: Dug up more threads and looks like there isn’t another drain and changing the mentioned gasket is trivial. Searching paid off!

Last edited:

View attachment 2743897
View attachment 2743898

I ran into this issue today and saw that a drain on the firewall was not blocked and was letting water drain, is there another drain I can only see from under the vehicle? I was able to check the firewall one easily from the engine compartment and want to make sure I’m not missing something

EDIT: Dug up more threads and looks like there isn’t another drain and changing the mentioned gasket is trivial. Searching paid off!

@flintknapper's suggestion is the first thing to check. Mine started dripping and since replacing the seal, no more leak.

Google search shows this is for 2001-2008 LC. Does anyone know the part number for 1999 or will this work?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom