AC Amplifier (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, I have a 2002 LC, w/ nav, AC is not working, ran the automatic diagnostic as specified in the repair manual, get a bunch of error codes that all have one thing in common, the AC amplifier (not the rear, but the front).

Couple questions:

1. Anybody else every have this problem/if so, was it really the AC amp or was it just a loose connection (please, please, please)?

2. It's not as obvious as I would like it to be in the manual, but it appears to be located behind the central area/navigation, i.e. have to remove the center cluster integration panel to get to it. (AC-110 if you have the manual)

I'm not too excited about having to tear the front out and replacing the part.

I live in Michigan so I can go without AC for a while, but still....

Help! 02 with NAV and I just replaced the AC amplifier with a good one... nothing happens when I hold the auto and RF buttons plus turn key to ig on, and nothing happens when I hold info and turn lights on and off 3x’s....
HELP

I have a similar problem. I have posted about it and taken the LC to the dealership but have yet to figure out the problem. What are the exact codes you have? I have 8 codes. I replaced the AC amp but nothing changed although I just found out that the previous owner had the amp replaced twice at the dealership and it appears that the first replacement got the AC working for a short time. I’m suspecting maybe a rubbed though wire or maybe a commom / shared ground problem but have yet to tear the dash and start tracing wires.
The amp is really easy to replace. It’s behind the nave screen. Pop out the side air duct vents on each side, undo 4 screws and the entire unit is out.

I can’t even pull my codes.... I’m not sure I’m doing the right thing to get them.
I replaced mine too. Just got one off eBay. Pretty sure it’s a good source too since the guy has a ton of good reviews. Not sure what my issue is. I’m stumped. I have it at the dealer now.

Had similar issue a few months ago. AC amplifier or thermistor was the common denominator on my diagnostic. I replaced the thermistor, still no work. After reading a few threads, I then replaced my blower – very easy fix and AC works perfectly now.

Not sure this is your issue but I was glad I didn’t have to replace the amplifier. Given my rig is about to turn 20, I believed replacing the blower was worth it regardless, and should’ve been my first step.

I have a very similar issue. Was this resolved. Did you learn anything that may help other diagnose? Thanks.

What exactly isn't working? Mine was malfunctioning a long time ago, replaced blower first, and the issue stopped.... if I recall my AC would sometimes work, and other times the whole display unit was dead and blower wouldn't work.

I have an 04 with Navigation. I have no front heat or AC, and my outside temp is not displaying. I get an error msg of "check the connection of the air conditioner" when I hit the climate button. None of the buttons on the bottom of the MFD work. I have checked all the fuses, and I have even pulled the entire navigation unit and had a budy inspect the circuit board (that has a common PIN 60 failure) and that seems fine. I am kinda stumped, and am not sure how to get it diagnosed. Thanks.

I have a similar problem. I have posted about it and taken the LC to the dealership but have yet to figure out the problem. What are the exact codes you have? I have 8 codes. I replaced the AC amp but nothing changed although I just found out that the previous owner had the amp replaced twice at the dealership and it appears that the first replacement got the AC working for a short time. I’m suspecting maybe a rubbed though wire or maybe a commom / shared ground problem but have yet to tear the dash and start tracing wires.
The amp is really easy to replace. It’s behind the nave screen. Pop out the side air duct vents on each side, undo 4 screws and the entire unit is out.
My AC Amp keeps breaking also. I just replaced it, and all worked fine for 1,200 miles, and now it is broken again. Did you find what was causing your AC Amp to die? I have a 2004 LC with navigation. Thanks!

Hav not solved it yet. I don’t believe the AC amp is necessarily the problem as changing it out doesn’t currently change my problem.

What are your symptoms and hvac codes?

I do not know how to pull the codes. I get the "check the connection of the air conditioner" msg on the MFD. I can't get the AC "soft buttons" to show up on the MFD. The outside temp is not displaying, and none of the manual buttons -- auto, temp up and down, climate, etc. work and they are not lit up. I had this thing working when I swapped out the ac amplifier, but now it is not working again, after it was working fine. I am at my whits-end with this thing. Thanks for any ideas.

I do not know how to pull the codes. I get the "check the connection of the air conditioner" msg on the MFD. I can't get the AC "soft buttons" to show up on the MFD. The outside temp is not displaying, and none of the manual buttons -- auto, temp up and down, climate, etc. work and they are not lit up. I had this thing working when I swapped out the ac amplifier, but now it is not working again, after it was working fine. I am at my whits-end with this thing. Thanks for any ideas.
I’m at work right now and don’t remember the exact sequence to get hvac codes but look it up on the forum.

Also curious to know what worked to fix climate /AC functions…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom