Abs light problems (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello.

At first my abs light came on and off again, and i still had abs brakes.

After some time the light became constant and the abs brakes were gone.

The code number is 48. (Plus one other that was rear right sensor, and it disappeared after i changed the sensor on that wheel)

According to the manual this code means left front wheel sensor poor signal.

It has been changed but the abs light is still there.

I have changed wheel sensors, relays, abs sentral and looked over the wiring. I cannot locate the error!
According to a mechanic, the fault is electric because the light is constant, even after unplugging the batteries.

Please help, what to look for next?

I'm stuck, but really need them to work!

How did you pull the ABS codes? Do you have the ability to clear the codes too?

First thing I'd check is the connection between the sensor and the harness. Look for corrosion, or pins that aren't lining up.

A previous vehicle of mine had a single tooth broken on the reluctor ring. We fixed it with some super careful application of metal bonding epoxy then cleared the abs fault (I had a proprietary Mitsubishi scan tool). All was well again.

Check the teeth on the ring perhaps? And then I guess it's inch by inch on the wiring? Fun fun fun.

Good luck! Hope you find it.

It is the old type of diagnostic contact where you use a wire in tc / e1 and choking the times it blinks.
It is possible to delete codes, yes, but this light does not clear.

I will check the harness! Thanks for the tip.
Haha yes, what a fun job! 😩
I have had a mechanic check the wiring, and according to him they are all fine. They also checked the trailer contact with no luck.

Wondering where to look next, if the fault is in the abs system and have been overlooked, or if it is in a different place making the light glow up.

Thank you!

I had an '05 Expedition that had this and it was a precursor of bearing failure. The misalignment caused by the failing bearing caused an intermittent ABS indication which became permanent until the bearing failed hard. - Looking at the Toyota parts list it looks like a bearing failing could have the same effect on a 90 series \
ABS.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom