Abs club (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I guess I joined the abs club. 1993 just did a 2” lift. im having abs light on when the truck move. I check ohm at the front sensor and rear sensor, check continuity on the harness for posible short, I check ac volt at the rear getting voltage when I spinning the tires. I removed the sensor in the back I spray brake cleaner and blow with my compressor. Now the light goes and comes back randomly. Im getting abs pulses at very low speed. Im was able to to pull the code I believe is 31 and 33 the light goes away when I shutdown the truck. I was forced to do the paper clip trick with the truck still running otherwise I won’t have any code. Any help will be appreciated. Also if anyone has a sensor for sale?

I never drove the car before the lift.
Oh, well, the ABS on these doesn't have much of a record of failing, so there's no club to join. Probably the most common (still uncommon) mode of failure is for someone to damage one of the front ABS sensors when trying to remove a Birfield, or having one taken out by an exploded Birfield.

Look in the classifieds section for anyone parting out a rig, make a wanted post in the classifieds, or contact one of the sellers like @slow95z.

I do have sensors, shoot me a private message if you are looking to get some used ones.

When I was getting ABS pulsing it turned out to be a loose rear wheel bearing. I adjusted the bearing and the pulsing went away.

Reading the codes allowed me to determine which sensor was the problem. Here are the codes if you haven't already looked them up.

1670281879959.png

There is the more risque and controversial "this 30 year old first gen ABS kinda sucks anyway, especially with 35's, so I'm not spending any money to fix it, bye bye" club, but that's different.... Like many others here, if you need parts, I'll vouch for @slow95z there, he's good people.

Jason

so now the abs light stay off until I try to stop a slow speed. look like is actually one of the front. I did removed the front sensor today I a littler confuses because the sensor has wheel grease. I did rotor and pads on this truck. my problem is that I never drove the truck before I started repairing so I can't tell if this a old problem or not? the truck has 127k miles last service by the dealer was at 126k. Im looking at the history at the dealer and I don't see the my neighbor complaint about abs problem. is probable something I did?

B3E2A3DC-0AFE-43E8-9A91-91B6EFA4D93A.jpeg

05D5F04D-BA94-4475-BC01-C65E30EF36E4.jpeg

735B614E-3E64-46AF-A69E-0A78680767B7.jpeg

DE55904F-2F37-445A-9C00-1944163A6DA3.jpeg

I did removed the front sensor today I a littler confuses because the sensor has wheel grease

The front sensor sticks into the Birfield housing. It's going to get covered in grease in there. It should most likely be grease with moly in it, from the packed Birfield (CV joint), and it's usually black.

If the only thing you've done is install a lift, I don't know how you could have caused the problem unless you somehow damaged the wires going to the sensors.

The front sensor sticks into the Birfield housing. It's going to get covered in grease in there. It should most likely be grease with moly in it, from the packed Birfield (CV joint), and it's usually black.

If the only thing you've done is install a lift, I don't know how you could have caused the problem unless you somehow damaged the wires going to the sensors.
I did check the wirings from the sensor to the plug on the driver sider fender. the only test left will be AC voltage from the sensor by rotating the wheel. I Check the front sensor ohm value im getting 1670 ohm on both unless I have a wheel tone ring damage im running out ideas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom