About to jump on a plane to TX to buy and drive an 04 LX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice truck. 04s the best they say, ARACO all the way. Enjoy.

thanks. Made it home at 9am after a few stops. The LX with its “brand new“ brakes has started grinding the front rotor as I pulled into my neighborhood so I’m interested in seeing wtf that’s about. LX didn’t fail me except the seat failed my back so I can’t wait to get the seat pulled and have it refoamed as the outside is brand new but the lumbar support padding is absolutely crap. No matter what I put lumbar at it was reading my lower back.

So my name is Michael and I have issues 😂. Just put in a order for some parts. So far I have ordered; SB XO 12k win h with synthetic rope, timing belt kit, cam seals, mud flap delete kit, second heater hose t and waiting to hear back from white knuckle off road about picking up vs shipping a set of sliders. I’m thinking a new set of dura tracs and a roof rack from prospeedrack once I hear back from him. Gonna be a busy few weeks

Yup... you're doomed. Congratulations!

Well the parts keep coming. Ordered up a new T stat as I might as well replace it. The current hood struts are blown out so those got ordered and a set up White Knuckle off road rock sliders have also been ordered. The Nav and radio don’t work and when I went to find the nav unit under the seat I found all the cords unplugged, an aftermarket amp installed and the nav unit just loose under the seat. Hopefully tonight I’ll be able to find out wtf is going on with that mess under the seat.

Piece of cake

Well today started great with ordering A victory 4x4 roof rack which I am really excited to get. It went to hell once I started working on the radio. the PO said the person he got it from had a radar detector hooker up and then removed it so that’s why the radio didn’t work. Ok sure maybe there was a wire clipped. Start digging into the radio issue and holy hell im in for a real freaking treat. I found the nav system under the seat was loose and never connector, under that was some crappy amp that was just hanging out. Ok cool let me start digging. I start pulling that out and then I had some wires that lead to the head unit.
Start popping the radio out and the last installer absolutely s hit the bed installing this. Broke all the tab, cut out a harness I need help finding and just made my life a temporary hell. So can anyone tell me where I could possibly get a pig tail for the radio?

FF839879-3659-4E1C-A874-C32C40D1B8B7.jpeg

31F5E851-C25D-4E38-A3E8-66AFB3EBAA3E.jpeg

Mine wasn’t nearly that F’ed up when I bought mine and I still started with a fresh slate and ran all new speaker wires, power wires and components. I didn’t need any harnesses because my entire audio system is independent of the rest of the car. No regrets. You may want to consider that.

So I have the radio all hooked back up and now I have no sound. Near the nav brain and the parking assistance module I have a cut harness that was spliced into the amp asking with a pig tail that doesn’t go anywhere. Can anyone point me into the right direction on where these go and what part I’ll missing?

67B56861-04E7-493C-9201-AD1E5E446E78.jpeg

Wow, so you flew all the way to TX to buy this chopped and spliced LX with grinding brakes...all during a pandemic?

So how much cheaper was this 100 than the rest of them?

Wow, so you flew all the way to TX to buy this chopped and spliced LX with grinding brakes...all during a pandemic?

So how much cheaper was this 100 than the rest of them?
Well when you put it like that 😂. Still $4000 under what other ones in Ca were.

So after some searching I’m missing the factory amp which makes sense why I have no sound. Now to buy a new amp kit and figure out how to connect it to the factory head unit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom