AB One Day Trip (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well after I had seen Dans post about Coyote Canyon and a water crossing plus the possibility to be deep, I had to go! Especially now that the Crusher is back up and running and had her fluids changed.
First our trip took us to the Water crossing where I was a little nervous about, but some motor cycles had just come through before us and said it was good to go. So in I went!
YouTube - MOV07287.MPG
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQC6QxY8g1I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFjNGiHft2M
IH8MD.JPG
IH8MD2.JPG
IH8MD3.JPG

Last edited:
More

After playing around there and having some lunch we headed south towards Split Mountain rd and the BLM that was mentioned to me by John at SDTrux. My intention down there was to get some shots off so my new pup Hank could get used to the sound.
IH8MD7.JPG
IH8MD8.JPG
IH8MD9.JPG

Looks like you had great weather. We had planned to go down there today, but house duties got in the way.

Guess I have to live thru pics from you guys until/if I get a truck back. Looks like there was still a lot of mud/silt in the water crossing.

I was there today too, I'll post something later on that. The water crossing seemed easier than normal, maybe due to the 80. :)

Yeah I noticed in the video that the water didn't look very deep. When I did this a couple of months back with Eric before all the rain the crossing was at least 2' deep. I am glad it is passable because I heard it was going to be months before it would cleaned up and usable again. Thanks for the update!

How'd the pup do with the shotgun noise? I wish i could get Dixie used to it.. i doubt it will ever happen.
Not so good, he jumped into the back of the Crusher and huddled into a ball. I need to keep going but driving all the way down there to shoot is not something I can do. Need to find something local and open. Any suggestions?

Not so good, he jumped into the back of the Crusher and huddled into a ball. I need to keep going but driving all the way down there to shoot is not something I can do. Need to find something local and open. Any suggestions?

I've never shot here but have heard it is a great place.

SAN DIEGO Shotgun Sports

Check out "Orosco Ridge" in Ramona or Pala Indian Reservation. I'm pretty sure the one in Ramona is an open range, just set up and shoot! I used to shoot there years ago but have mountain biked the area recently and it's still there being used by many.

Actually there are a few shooting areas closer to you. Thomas Mountain, Bautista Road, Duranso Valley - all in the Anza area.

I also think you can shoot up off Ortega highway in a few spots- not sure but a few years ago I was dual sporting up there and saw a few yellow post shooting areas.

^^^^I have always wondered about that, do the diffs have a suction to them? I just imagine the pressure inside is greater.

^^^^I have always wondered about that, do the diffs have a suction to them? I just imagine the pressure inside is greater.

Well, same water crossing and the only water crossing the last time I was in AB and I got water down in my stock front breather. Enough got in to cook it sufficiently to bubble up and out of the breather and onto the driveway. Noticed that when I got home. Diff oil was obviously toast, so changed it and spent the $50 or so to buy enough fuel line, brass t-connectors, hose clamps, p-clamps, etc. to extend both the front and rear diff breathers up into the engine per write up's in the FAQ. Dave and I did ours at the same time. His is ghetto fab and mine is purty. :D

Worth doing IMHO if you head out to Coyote Canyon or other water crossings frequently. Another small weakness in the 80, besides undersized brakes, that could have and should have been addressed better.

Yeah but you can lose that pressure once you stop from what I understand.

I have all the parts to do my breathers except the filter to place up high on the firewall to attach the two lines to. Still trying to find the right filter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom