A343F Tranmission and electronics (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking at replacing my 2L-TE diesel engine from my Toyota Land Cruiser Proda LJ78 with a 22RE or 3VZE from an older Toyota 4Runner as well change over the ECM and the electonics.

We will be mounting the engine to a A4343F transmission, is this transmission controlled electronically through the ECM and if so what problems would we have using the ECM from th 4Runner? The 4Runner came with a A340E, A340H and A340F transmission

The transmission is controlled through a computer, and you will have to either use it, which should be simple enough, or install the A340 that the N. American trucks used.

The main differences are going to be the torque converter and bellhousing - and I'm not too sure if the A340 bellhousing will fit, but I would expect it to.

~John

The transmission is controlled through a computer, and you will have to either use it, which should be simple enough, or install the A340 that the N. American trucks used.
~John

Is the transmission controlled through the ECM or does the Transmission have a separate TCM?

On NA market A343F's, the main engine ECU controls the tranny, as opposed to the A442F where the tranny has a separate ECU.

I do not know about other markets. John might have more info. on that.

On NA market A343F's, the main engine ECU controls the tranny, as opposed to the A442F where the tranny has a separate ECU.

Would the ECU from the 4Runner and A340f be able to be used with the A343F or would I have to have both ECU from the Gas 4Runner and the Diesel engine installed.
PICT0358.JPG
PICT0362.JPG
PICT0359.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom