A sad day for me. LX may be done. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well, it’s official. My lx is considered totaled. I haven’t seen the repair estimate yet, but I think I’m going to accept the payout. The insurance payout is 8k over what I owe, and is more than I originally paid for the car. I bought her back in august, so the market has definitely jumped since then. I’m in the process of both buying and selling a house, so I’m planning to take the money from this car, add a bit of cash from the sale of my house and look for a 2015 after I close. It still sucks, the truck was in fantastic shape.

Good. I was about to comment that there is no way you are underwater. Insurance has obligations, they don't get to prey on an entire country of mandatory customers and not hold up their end of the deal.

You are in a weird spot in replacing it. You can either get back in the "market" or time it out. If you were to ask me, a time horizon of anything less than 2 years may put you at risk of actually paying more for your replacement than you currently have. I would say it will be at least a year until things may turn to your advantage.

If i were you, and this would allow me to get into a newer LX, i would take that opportunity as i generally don't believe in selling anything. You would be effectively using the market adjustment as a free extension in the life of your vehicle. Which from reading your posts you definitely love.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom