Builds A Newbs "New" 1991 1HZ Troopy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

John.... do not sell. 10 out of 10 will regret. I know from experience haha. I miss this thing so much. Just logged in to see how it was doing.

Maybe if you do sell though I can buy it back. Doubt it though. I can't afford it now thats its been so fully decked out hah!
Ha. I think I’ve backed away from the thought of selling. I just sold another Troopy I owned so that took the pressure off of me. I’m now down to 4 Land Cruisers and 3 Porsche’s. Seems reasonable enough.

You could also probably make it work on the 77 series - possibly with shorter legs from Front Runner

It probably wouldn't look out of place as it is. It looks like there about 2 inches difference in roof height

Got word from Toby that my Scheel-Mann seats are in Portland and will ship out on Monday!

5AA8D4FE-3D6A-4AC6-B0FB-10A7D8785D31.jpeg

I started prepping the interior for the seat install in advance of their arrival. No real issues but going from the 60/40 to the two individual seat setup has me wondering about the final mounting location for the passenger seat. I have located what logically would be the mounting location but there is nothing there. There is a base that is smooth - where I have removed the Dynamat in the first picture.

DBEB0C70-653F-402E-B4F1-05E573B257C9.jpeg
611C5036-1DF7-482D-93CD-3A629DDF12B6.jpeg

The location seems correct based on the driver set setup. The problem is it is impossible to get under the truck and verify because of the fuel tank. I’m not concerned about drilling because there is ample room between the floor and tank. I don’t want to start exploratory drilling until I know what I’m getting myself into. Anyone else dealt with this?

......Anyone else dealt with this?

Yes I had to do the same.On p9 of my thread are a pic or two.Lift up that carpet and you should be almost able to make out where the captive nut is welded underneath.I used a hand mirror underneath the tub basically angled it next to the tank to visually confirm that the nut was there to begin with.

Sometimes those captive nuts can be spotted by getting the light at the right angle. You may see some distortion or a slight dimple on the inside surface.

Mine was there in my 85 ute. I think I took the drivers seat mount and installed it on the passenger side and marked general location and then measured the different distances for the 4bolt holes and where the x was drilled with a small bit and slowly made the hole larger till I was able to verify that the location was correct and there was a captive nut there, I might have posted doing this in my build thread.

Thanks guys. Mine does not appear to have the captive nuts. Awesome.

Ive seen this before with the captive nuts for the amby doors on 60 series , sometimes there, sometimes not.

Update: I found the nuts. There is also a hidden nut to relocate the seat belt mount. This would have been a LOT easier if I had just look at the vinyl mat because it’s already made to accept the new seat and seat belt positions.

I now have the floor prepped and ready for the mounts and seats to show up this week. Very excited.

@AndrewHadji you will need to order another driver seat belt receiver. The “center” receiver does not match with the passenger seat belt. It looks the same to me but they won’t link up. I saw some other Aus guys had the same issue.

AAB98B35-5072-4002-904F-2D530CF85AC7.jpeg

The mismatch is deliberate in vehicles with 3 belts. This prohibits clipping into the wrong buckle.

Things are inching along with the new seats. The Planted brackets showed up this afternoon. The seats and the slides should be here Monday. The only downside is that I’m leaving for South America the next day and won’t have time to install. So it will be mid February before I get to experience their awesomeness.

5CA404AB-5C1A-423D-8E5F-15003EC62787.jpeg
D40FD4BB-AF3A-43F1-B780-1805710975C3.jpeg

I see 80 Series on the label. Is that a typo?

Ah. My bad. I have an 80 series that is also getting a set of Scheel-Mann seats. Hence, the two sets of brackets. I just uploaded the photo of the 80 series tag instead of the 70 series tag.

Hmm , 2 sets of Scheelmann seats ......... did I miss a buy one set get a second one half off kinda deal or something ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom