A little help needed Carb Related (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
We have a 76 FJ40 in which we are trying to get running. We purchased a Weber Carb kit 38 DGES and am having issues getting it to idle, it basically won't. I can only get it started by pumping the gas pedal which provides fuel from the main jets. Swapped the carb with another new one and same problem.

Has anyone had issues with this carb setup? If I scrap the weber kit, what is recommended for a reliable replacement carb and who has them in stock?

I don't have the original carb nor do I have the OEM Linkage (Converted to cable)

Appreciate any feedback that you can provide.

First thing that I would check is for a vacuum leak, then make sure timing is correct.
Timing is on. We are checking for leaks now, I think we may have found something on the bottom of the intake, it is a new gasket but.... that doesn't mean anything. I need to keep it running long enough to check timing.

I've worked with carbs before, many years but never a weber so I am second guessing myself for the most part.

Appreciate your feedback though, we are checking it now.

Not a webber guy. How fresh is your gas and fuel filter? Is there crap in the gas tank? Is the fuel pump putting out enough and consistently - my last mechanical one would spurt then pause then spurt? +1 for vacuum leaks - spray can of wd-40 is the easy check

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom