A/C system fitment ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Might be trying to score a '91....downside is it has no a/c. My now defunct '88 just had a full refreshing done on it's system and I'm wondering if the '88 a/c would be simple install into the '91. Both are 22re powered.

Might be trying to score a '91....downside is it has no a/c. My now defunct '88 just had a full refreshing done on it's system and I'm wondering if the '88 a/c would be simple install into the '91. Both are 22re powered.

After doing a little bit of research, I don't believe the two are compatible. The evaporator boxes look similar but I can't say for sure. The part numbers for the evaporators are different and the fitment on the condenser would probably be different as well.

If I were you I would just pull the A/C components off of a truck your year (or close) in a junkyard and swap it in. It's fairly similar to swapping it in a first gen 4runner/Pickup. Here is a writeup I did on my A/C install for my 1987. I have read the same principle applies to the 89-95 trucks as well so it should give you an idea of what you're in for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom