a/c Heater Blower short????????? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm kinda stumped on this one so any help will be appreciated,
The other day going down the road at 90 degrees a/c on high the a/c quit, got home checked blower fuse and it was blown, rigged the fuse up with some wire to do test and here is what I have found, on high gets super hot instantly like a dead short but on low it builds heat graduly, so my question is the Blower motor pulling to may amps and needing replaced? or blower speed selector switch shorted? Thanks in advance Scott

mine does the same. i can run forever on the 3rd of 4 speed settings but if i put it on 4th setting it overheats and blows the fuse in about 15 mins. the only thing i know about my blower fan is that the...well hell i've completely forgotten what they're called. the little things that are on the end of the springs and wear over time. mine are shot. someone on here posted a replacement motor for sale online for about $20 but i've never replaced mine. i just run w/ it on 3/4 speed.

I think I figured mine out, I removed the blower motor and turned it by hand and it was a bit stiff, lubed it up and it seems to work great, I will update in a couple days and give a final verdict. It is a replacement motor so I doubt the brushes are worn must have coroded a bit while sitting the last 3 years. Scott

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom