A/C Blower motor R&R (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
FSM says that the whole dash has to come out. Is that so for those that have done it, and is it a royal PITA or not too bad?

No need to remove dash if you are referring to this blower fan. Remove total of 5 screws according to the FSM.

2016-06-20.jpg

WTH??? What got caught in that squirrel cage?

A squirrel from the looks of it. :p

Fsm for '96-7 says remove the whole dash. And yeah, that looks like it actually swallowed a squirrel

Fsm for '96-7 says remove the whole dash. And yeah, that looks like it actually swallowed a squirrel

FRONT BLOWER MOTOR REMOVAL
1. REMOVE COWL SIDE TRIM RH
2. REMOVE ECM
3. REMOVE LOWER COVER
(a) Remove the 2 screws.
(b) Release the 2 claw and remove the cover then disconnect the control link.
4. REMOVE BLOWER MOTOR
(a) Disconnect the connector.
(b) Remove the 3 screws and blower motor.

I found the section that talks about dash removal, but that is for "blower unit" removal. I think that is for the whole assembly. However, I remember reading posts in the 80 forum that dash removal is not needed for blower assembly removal.

Cool beans! What is cowl side trim though? The lower foot kick panel on the PS?

If you can access it from below the glovebox like the photo shows, it should be pretty easy to get to. Just remove the glovebox, the brace across the bottom of the glovebox and you should be able to get to it.

Clean that AC / Heater Blower

Passenger kick panel is the plastic that runs along the door bottom up to and under the glovebox on the pass side.

Both of mine had the tabs broken off where they connect to the firewall/footwell so be careful not to break yours if you decide to remove it.

yes, those tabs like to break

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom