9mm Brake Lines- post Rainman? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
IMG_1607.jpeg
I'm finally at the farthest point of being disassembled and looking forward to all the little bits returning together. Probably start on brakes when the frame gets back from painting... so, what do we do about new lines on a '67 40? I'd like to stay stock with just about everything on this one. It won't be a daily driver so I'm sticking with four drums. Maybe I'll put in a dual master cylinder (though I have a brand new single), but I just want to replace all the steel lines and nuts and not switch everything to 10mm. I'm late to the conversation and learning lots, but without Rainman's offerings, what's the source for pre-made lines or just the nuts and I'll flare myself?
Thanks
Brian

I was able to purchase the nuts from Man-A-Fre and using an Eastwood flaring tool (expensive but well worth it) I made my own.

I'm baaaack... Only a year late but where are you on your build? I have the early lines now.

I believe I read a post about Classic Tube offering a complete line kit for the early 40's. I would have to go through the same thing someday on my 67 but for now everything seems fine. I DID however, have to replace my line from the master cylinder to the first tee junction below the alternator; I paid a lot through Spector Off Road, but it fit; had the correct 9 mm fittings on both ends. So, that being said, I believe SOR probably has the right line kit. I had done a '71 FJ40 complete brake job once with the line kit from them, it was worth every penny!

Oh..also S.O.R sells just the 9 mm nuts if you need them too, but I'm sure they can be sourced cheaper elsewhere.

Being in Emunclaw, someday we should chat; I'd love to scrutinize your rig because it appears to be so original, the pictures alone for me would be worth a lot. Good luck and enjoy!

I used the classic tube(from sor) lines on my 64fj45lv when we redid all the drum brakes, bought the whole kit but only used the brake tubes(to cylinders) and a 1 other line(I think) it was almost the same cost as just the parts I needed, figured having the whole kit may come in handy someday. Everything worked fine, had to rebend the tubes(a bit) but that was expected. I compared the extra stuff to stock and it all looked right

Cost a bloody fortune to redo all the drums but it's done...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom