99 Lexus LX 470 loss of power (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,

Our 99 has not cats on it and we have been battling the check engine light on and off. I have put the O2 sensor extenders on and that did remove the check engine for a while. However, out of the blue the car lost full power under throttle so I replaced all the coil packs but that did not really help.

I know I can replace all of the spark plugs but wondered if there is anything else that it could be causing the issue other than having to put cats back on a car in Memphis TN that would last about 2 weeks before the disappeared again.

My mechanic has moved to far away for an easy trip to see what he says so just checking here first while I look for another mechanic close by that is not the stealership.

THANKS

Is it throwing a new code and if so, what is it?
I will find the code but the last time I had it run it the cats. Input the o2 sensor extenders on and the check engine light went off. It's back on but I have not checked the code again.

Always run the codes.... It will point you in the right direction. Parts are expensive to just shotgun them out like that.
Well codes only told me it was the fact we did not have any CATS on it and it is old enough I did not mind updating the small stuff as I went along. New CATS will be here Thursday and hopefully installed this weekend. Have a bad CV axle or ujoint shutter right now too that my son just told me about. The LX was a steal so a little maintenance that I can do myself is not too bad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom