1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'99 3rd row seating install

Discussion in '100-Series Cruisers' started by toyotaman, Dec 16, 2003.

1. toyotaman

toyotaman

I tried to install the third row seats in my recently purchased '99 Cruiser this afternoon. They were just sitting in the back of the truck at purchase.

I can't for the life of me get the front latch into the hole in the floor so I can bring the rear latch down and lock the seat in place. Is there a special method or trick for installing these suckers?

I can handle multiple banana fix-it jobs so I can't believe I'm having trouble with the simple reinstallation of these seats.

Can anyone give me some help?

2. Augie

Augie

You need to open the latch 90 degree and then slide the front of the rail into the receiving socket in the floor. Then line up the rear hole, drop the rear latch and lock it in place.

3. corleykj

corleykj Jack of some, definately master of none.

Media:
    Albums:
    I am reviving this thread!
    I am trying so (insert a string of words you choose) hard to install my third row seats into my 99 land cruiser 100. I pulled them out this morning for hauling dog kennels. I don't need them in now....but I am stubborn and want to be able to get them IN and out easily. I am reading the response, open the latch 90 degrees, and don't understand what latch I guess?. I have been reading and just can't find any information. Thanks for any tips! I am also interested in a mod to help make this easy, so I or my wife can do it without getting a hernia. Thanks for your help.

4. patrickfinley

patrickfinley

Media:
    Albums:
    By default the seat sits too far forward on the base to be latched in. If you pull the lever in the back of the seat you should be able to slide the upper portion of the seat backwards. Then you will have the room to slide it into the holes.

No need for a mod, it's fairly easy once you slide the seat back.

5. corleykj

corleykj Jack of some, definately master of none.

Media:
    Albums:
    THANKS. I DID THE SLIDING THING USING THE LEVER AND THAT WORKED. So the seat basically rubs the fender well too much. So that is why I couldn't get it latched was the seat was hitting the fender well.

So sliding the seat back on the rails worked perfectly, like it is designed. Chalk another win up for how awesome the land cruiser is!