eBay 97 wht 80 in Mesquite, TX <90K miles $4600 no lockers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'd bet money it's a scam.

"We can respond only if you contact me via mail: emanuelledavis@yahoo.com"

Guaranteed they try to get you to pay outside of Ebay to circumvent the buyer protection features. It's just like the Craigslist ads that list email addresses in the text as the only way to contact the seller. There's also no tag to help ID the location, and if it's a TX car it should have inspection stickers in the windshield.

Ebay now allows you to list cars for free, there's going to be a lot more of these.

Mesquite

I live in Dallas and would be willing to check it out if anybody was interested. Would be a smokin deal if it were legit.

Well if it is legit. I would be interested.
I imagine many would be...
No locker and shiny rims, but otherwise a nice ride.
Looking for an 80 for the :princess:

I've emailed him.

Last edited:
It looks like there is a big pile of snow in the background of one of the pictures. It is the front facing one and the pile is on the left by the fence. It ain't snowing in Mesquite...

I'm betting they want a deposit prior to showing the truck.;)

I got an email from her. This is what she said.
First of all I want to thank you for your interest in my car. I'm selling it at $4,600 US because I just finished the divorce with my husband. When the divorce finished the car got into my possession. Now as a woman I don't need it. The car is in excellent condition, no damage, no accidents, in 100% working condition and comes with a clear title. For the payment we will use ebay for both our safety. We will use a safe payment method because I am affiliated at eBay and I have a purchase protection account for $20,000.

If you are interested in buying it please provide me your full name and address so I can initiate the deal through eBay.
I'll be waiting for your answer(only if you are interested to buy) very soon.
Thanks

I sent back

Hi ,

Glad at your response.I am happy to hear that the vehicle is still for sale.

VEHICLE DETAILS :

i will also like you to provide me with this questions below:

(1) Do you have a clear title and Is There a Warranty?
(2) reason for selling the vehicle?
(3) also state the present condition of the vehicle at the moment?
(4) Location of the vehicle?
(5) had accident before?
(6) recent pictures(both interior and exterior)
(7) how long have you use the vehicle?
(8) Rock Bottom price...non-negotiatable
(9)Do You Have Maintenance Records( Service book or certificate of conformity)
(10)Has Anything Been Replaced?
(11) How Does It Run?
(12)How Has It Been Used?
(13)what is the Vehicle Registration Authority?
(14)What is the maintenance costs?
(15)Is there any registered liens against the vehicle?
(16)when was the oil change last and is the Engine serviced recently?

I look forward hearing from you.

Thank you.

I got an email from her. This is what she said.
First of all I want to thank you for your interest in my car. I'm selling it at $4,600 US because I just finished the divorce with my husband. When the divorce finished the car got into my possession. Now as a woman I don't need it. The car is in excellent condition, no damage, no accidents, in 100% working condition and comes with a clear title. For the payment we will use ebay for both our safety. We will use a safe payment method because I am affiliated at eBay and I have a purchase protection account for $20,000.

If you are interested in buying it please provide me your full name and address so I can initiate the deal through eBay.
I'll be waiting for your answer(only if you are interested to buy) very soon.
Thanks

I sent back

Hi ,

Glad at your response.I am happy to hear that the vehicle is still for sale.

VEHICLE DETAILS :

i will also like you to provide me with this questions below:

(1) Do you have a clear title and Is There a Warranty?
(2) reason for selling the vehicle?
(3) also state the present condition of the vehicle at the moment?
(4) Location of the vehicle?
(5) had accident before?
(6) recent pictures(both interior and exterior)
(7) how long have you use the vehicle?
(8) Rock Bottom price...non-negotiatable
(9)Do You Have Maintenance Records( Service book or certificate of conformity)
(10)Has Anything Been Replaced?
(11) How Does It Run?
(12)How Has It Been Used?
(13)what is the Vehicle Registration Authority?
(14)What is the maintenance costs?
(15)Is there any registered liens against the vehicle?
(16)when was the oil change last and is the Engine serviced recently?

I look forward hearing from you.

Thank you.

I got the same scam message as well. I started out asking for the phone number so I can call and come look at the truck and pay cash for it. She ignored my request and replied with the typical scam MSG. It got pulled off by Ebay. What a loser.

I've been shopping for a 80 for a little while. I emailed the guy and am going to try to look at it. I'll let you guys know what happens with this.

Nick

I have a 96 I might sale if you are looking for one. :)

Ebay may not have been great before (my opinion), but now that you can list for free there's going to be a lot more of this BS. At least to post a scam on Autotrader the scumbag has to steal someone's credit card number first, there's a bit more work involved.

She won't let up. Sent me the same pictures and this
The car is at the shipping company in Orlando, Florida sealed and ready for shipping. I have a contract with eBay so this deal must go through them. I'm very busy with my job and I`m left out of town so I can't meet you in person, so this is the reason why I chose to sell my car over the Internet. According with eBay you have 5 days from the time you receive the car to inspect it and decide if you want to keep it or not.
Here is how it will work:
First of all I will need the following details from you: full name, full shipping address. After I will receive the details from you, I will forward them to eBay. After they will process your info, they will send us both invoices. The invoice will send you the details on how to make a refundable payment. eBay will contact me and I will ship the car to you. After you receive the car you will have 5 days to test, verify and do whatever you want with the car. If you will buy it, then I will receive the payment details from eBay so that I can pick up the money.
If you will decide that you will not buy the car, eBay will refund the money and I will have the shipping company come pick up my car. If you wish to make the transaction, please send me the necessary info so that we can proceed. I look forward to hear from you.

Thank you

I responded.

Thanks for your mail and understanding and will want payment to be asap. I will go about payment by instructing my client in the states to issue you a certified cashier check of $5,600 and this should take care of all expences in this transaction.What you are to do when you receive check ,is to cash it, and and deduct your own money($4600.00) and the wiring charges and wire the balance to my international shipping agent through western union transfer. Once he recieves the balance,he will come over to your location in the very next day for pick up of the (1997 Toyota Land Cruiser), now the money wired to the shipper is his fees for his services, transportation to your location and back to me, also for all charges that may arise along this transaction cos i will want the good to be delivered to me safe and sound without problems, i shall send you my shipper address as soon as i contact him.All what i need from you now is to mail me with you details below...
YOUR FULL NAME..........(on check)
YOUR CONTACT ADDRESS....
YOUR STATE AND ZIPCODE.......
YOUR COUNTRY.......
YOUR PHONE NUMBER..........(both mobile and landphone number)
Do get back to me asap with this details for payment to be made out to you immediately,so that i can forward it to my client who will issue out payment on my behalf to you the, let me know asap if you are still intrested so that we could seal this transaction on time.

Thanks,

She won't let up. Sent me the same pictures and this
The car is at the shipping company in Orlando, Florida sealed and ready for shipping. I have a contract with eBay so this deal must go through them. I'm very busy with my job and I`m left out of town so I can't meet you in person, so this is the reason why I chose to sell my car over the Internet. According with eBay you have 5 days from the time you receive the car to inspect it and decide if you want to keep it or not.
Here is how it will work:
First of all I will need the following details from you: full name, full shipping address. After I will receive the details from you, I will forward them to eBay. After they will process your info, they will send us both invoices. The invoice will send you the details on how to make a refundable payment. eBay will contact me and I will ship the car to you. After you receive the car you will have 5 days to test, verify and do whatever you want with the car. If you will buy it, then I will receive the payment details from eBay so that I can pick up the money.
If you will decide that you will not buy the car, eBay will refund the money and I will have the shipping company come pick up my car. If you wish to make the transaction, please send me the necessary info so that we can proceed. I look forward to hear from you.

Thank you

I responded.

Thanks for your mail and understanding and will want payment to be asap. I will go about payment by instructing my client in the states to issue you a certified cashier check of $5,600 and this should take care of all expences in this transaction.What you are to do when you receive check ,is to cash it, and and deduct your own money($4600.00) and the wiring charges and wire the balance to my international shipping agent through western union transfer. Once he recieves the balance,he will come over to your location in the very next day for pick up of the (1997 Toyota Land Cruiser), now the money wired to the shipper is his fees for his services, transportation to your location and back to me, also for all charges that may arise along this transaction cos i will want the good to be delivered to me safe and sound without problems, i shall send you my shipper address as soon as i contact him.All what i need from you now is to mail me with you details below...
YOUR FULL NAME..........(on check)
YOUR CONTACT ADDRESS....
YOUR STATE AND ZIPCODE.......
YOUR COUNTRY.......
YOUR PHONE NUMBER..........(both mobile and landphone number)
Do get back to me asap with this details for payment to be made out to you immediately,so that i can forward it to my client who will issue out payment on my behalf to you the, let me know asap if you are still intrested so that we could seal this transaction on time.

Thanks,

That is a good one, I like that!!! :D Guess she won't reply you this time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom