For Sale 97 lx450 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just trying to get an idea if it is worth it to fix or sale as is? It has 170,00 miles, tough dog lift, triple locked, near new 35" bfg, castor correction plates, front end new bearings and seals, new belts , new brakes, rust free, new Bluetooth and speakers and I think a blown h/g. George at valley gave me a quote of $2500 to fix but can't seam to get our schedules lined up. I really would like to see this go to a mudder. I will post some pics. Please give me some advice and
IMG_0561.JPG
IMG_0567.JPG
IMG_0568.JPG
IMG_0608.JPG
IMG_0623.JPG

Last edited:
why do you think it is the head gasket? From consulting with George. Guess he would know.
Curious what it is doing? I'm looking for an 80 to do an LS swap.
Need to get it back to Texas though. So I think others could offer you more.

It started heating up on a long trip up a pretty good grade. I got it to cool off but would keep heating up. I did a ls swap in a 40 and if I didn't live in ca would do the same with this. Perfect candidate!

Wow...surprised this hasn't sold. I think people don't like buying an "unknown " problem. Even though George is probably exactly right.
You should just get it repaired and take a chance getting your money back or just unload it cheap. There are so many for sale it's confusing. BTW I had to postpone my trip. Had a window broken out of my 200 and it's taking the dealer forever getting the part.
So I am sitting here on my butt wishing I was doing a build. I'm still looking.....wish you weren't so far.

Where are you located?

I'm far from an expert but peruse the classifieds pretty often. I'd think you'd be hard pressed to get much into 5 figures after fixing it given what else is on the market lately. I've been wrong before though.

Willing to pay 6000 and pick up this weekend. Let’s make this work before the warden,aka wife, finds out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom