For Sale 97 in Colorado - Not mine (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@myunrealname But I also wonder how long he's been in possession of the rig and if he just found a sleeper deal and is now flipping it.

I’m not (or family/friends) going to buy this one - went back to my old messages, fwiw to anyone interested:

“Heads and the machining was done few years back so left then 30k ago.
Title is clean. Yes I used my plates for our new vehicle and the plates on there was from an old tundra.”

Edit: Yes, the ABS light was on when my wife drove the LC.

Not much info shows up on Toyota in terms of specifications. It's looking like a pass for us.

94_lc_vin.jpg

Attachments

• Vehicle Specs - 1994 Land Cruiser Standard.pdf
    48.7 KB · Views: 72
That’s not what the vin stamp looks like from the factory. For a Colorado vehicle all its life and with a Washington stamp, there’s more to this story. I’ll stop speculating.

6FBB7039-EC88-4957-B678-382AA5E8017D.jpeg

2B1BEF79-8EA6-4471-B19E-5D9354D6E27C.jpeg

all noted, thanks to all for the input and follow up!

I'm going to be in colorado in a couple weeks. Maybe it'll have enough issues to keep it unsold and drop the price enough for me by then, lol.

From the Washington State Legislature webpage about that type of inspection tag:

RCW 46.12.560
Inspection by state patrol or other authorized inspector.

(1)(a) Before accepting an application for a certificate of title, the department, county auditor or other agent, or subagent appointed by the director shall require an applicant to provide a certificate of vehicle inspection completed by the Washington state patrol or other authorized inspector if the vehicle:
(i) Was declared a total loss or salvage vehicle under the laws of this state;
(ii) Has been rebuilt after the certificate of title was returned to the department under RCW 46.12.600 and the vehicle was not kept by the registered owner at the time of the vehicle's destruction or declaration as a total loss; or
(iii) Is presented with documents from another state showing that the vehicle was a total loss or salvage vehicle and has not been reissued a valid registration certificate from that state after the declaration of total loss or salvage.

And so on. Could be I'm reading things wrong. Could be other reasons, but has a certain odor about it.

And so on. Could be I'm reading things wrong. Could be other reasons, but has a certain odor about it.
It was still for sale a week ago - so there's enough reason for that and people who agree with you.

The strange part is the carfax says the title is clean, but then has that vin tag.

Regardless, not touching it, even if it's still available.

That's a funny looking 1995...

I bought this guy. It's a 1994, apparently his wife filled out the ad with a few errors. It's been repainted and was a recovered theft so it's got some 'quirks'. I broke the intake tube while inspecting the truck, because it would die in reverse and low. We took it apart and sure enough it was split and we made it worse so I had to left foot it a bit on the trip home. NBD, I would have replaced that POS tube first thing anyway considering how often they split.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom