For Sale 97 in Colorado - Not mine (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Would just suggest anyone check and verify everything with this if interested. Did not have the best text exchange with the seller and they just stopped responding after a few questions.

It was initially listed on Facebook (1997 Toyota Landcruiser · Limited - Cars & Trucks - Steamboat Springs, Colorado | Facebook Marketplace), then marked sold and listed on Craigslist. It does not seem that the Craigslist seller has owned/driven it for a long time in their possession, but I don’t have a ton more details to offer as I decided not to push further based on the exchange.

It's listed as both a 95 and 94 on the CL ad

It's listed as both a 95 and 94 on the CL ad
And a 96 on offerup... I think the seller is trying to attract attention / drum up interest for it, but it seems a 94 which is what the YouTube video title says. Doesn’t mean it’s not worth considering though.

And a 96 on offerup... I think the seller is trying to attract attention / drum up interest for it, but it seems a 94 which is what the YouTube video title says. Doesn’t mean it’s not worth considering though.

Any rig worth it's weight, in this market, should sell itself right quick. Either way, can't fault the seller for marketing efforts, I guess.

I agree. If priced appropriately.

It’s been listed at $12.9k for 3 weeks or more, but I’ve not seen or inspected in person, or pulled the carfax, to provide an opinion either way.

If it’s around this weekend I’ll go look at it. I don’t need two land cruisers, but if the price is right 🤷🏽‍♂️

Not me

My wife went and saw the 94/95/96 LC listed on Craigslist. Here's what she noted:
1. Seller stated that he does not have any service records, or receipts of the work done.
2. Seller stated that he is the 2nd owner. Neither the seller, nor us, have a Carfax report though.
3. My wife felt that the LC drove like it rode on marshmallows, and the steering was loose. She's never driven a 94 LC before, but her points of reference are a 2003 Honda Pilot, a 2009 Rav4, a 2010 Miata, a 1974 Triumph TR6, and a 2000 4Runner.
4. My wife noted that the LC was slow to pick-up speed, and the acceleration felt about the same as that in the 2000 4Runner.
5. There are some minor dings on the body work.

My wife and I are interested in buying the 94 LC but we're not sure how to price it, or what to looks out for in LCs. My wife did take a picture of the VIN that we can share with someone who can pull up a history report (or post here if the forum rules allow).

@myunrealname I heard from the seller today via text, as well. He said he had just gotten back from Phoenix.

It's always a little suspicious when a seemingly solid, clean, triple locked 80, reasonably priced, doesn't sell in a matter of a few days.

Thanks for your input. Has your wife ever driven an 80? Because a lot of that sounds spot-on, LOL.

Edit to add: it seems like that truck has possibly sustained some hail damage given the sunroof glass and dings on the hood. I asked the seller twice if that was the case and he said no hail. But I also wonder how long he's been in possession of the rig and if he just found a sleeper deal and is now flipping it.

She's never driven an 80 before. The closest thing she's driven to the 80 is the 2000 4Runner with a V6/manual. She felt the two to be comparable. It's unlikely for me to see the LC any time soon (because work meetings), but if it's still unsold over the weekend, I'll go take a look. I'm not an LC savant by any means though.

The guy in the video sounded a little suspicious. The comments about it being a “very dependable female driven” vehicle is nonsense too imo.

With the vin, you can confirm on Toyota’s site the year and details. A carfax report is $40 for one, or 6/$100. Definitely spend the money to check this one out. It does not appear that all the panels have vin tags, so this one may have been in an accident and repainted. But the photos leave a lot to be desired.

Was the abs light on for her? The video on YouTube claimed it was due to the 7pin mod, and I’m not super familiar with 94s but in my 97s that doesn’t cause the abs light. Perhaps it was modified/deleted separately?

Price is down to 11.9 on Craigslist (from what I believe was 12.9 before)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom