craigslist 97 80 series 110k (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What does locked mean?

I read your post and thanks for posting that for everyone. I am new to the Cruiser thing and wondered what this locked and not locked meant like in your post. Please explain thank you. I have a Fj 80 can you explain how I can know. I did see a button that said something to the effect of differential lock or something like that.

I read your post and thanks for posting that for everyone. I am new to the Cruiser thing and wondered what this locked and not locked meant like in your post. Please explain thank you. I have a Fj 80 can you explain how I can know. I did see a button that said something to the effect of differential lock or something like that.

"Locked" means factory locking difs. To the left of your steering wheel there will be a rotary dial that has "FR" and "RR/FR" on it. You turn that dial to engage the locking differentials.

Is this a good thing or a bad thing and what is the purpose of the differential thing. I know it might seem hard to believe but I really don't know, thanks for answering that.

Is this a good thing or a bad thing and what is the purpose of the differential thing. I know it might seem hard to believe but I really don't know, thanks for answering that.

It is a good thing, better offroad, and resale.

locked helps your resale if you sell to a Mud member. 2 percent of your buying audience. The rest of the world could care less, if it's in good shape and runs well buy it...

Go check it out. Usually, I stay away from northern vehicles, but such low miles hopefully translates into a clean truck. Lost my LX to insurance, and am looking for a replacement. Any pics would be great.

Thanks,

I did see a button that said something to the effect of differential lock or something like that.

Just to confirm, is it a rotary switch on the left of the steering wheel?

Also, what does the door-jam, metal, vehicle ID/info. plate say concerning the axle type: K292 or K294? (Or was it 292K and 294K?)

Just want to make sure...

Also, are you the original owner? If not, how long have you owned it and do you know of its maintenance history? (Has it always been in/around Chicago?)

Can you post additional pics, including (but not limited to) its undercarriage, front axle (also where the axle meets the wheels). Does it have any rust spots, on the body or the frame?

Sorry for so many questions, but all of these would help encourage any potential buyers.

But as others have said, if all checks out the price seems pretty good!

GOOD LUCK!!

Mot

"Locked" means factory locking difs. To the left of your steering wheel there will be a rotary dial that has "FR" and "RR/FR" on it. You turn that dial to engage the locking differentials.

I guess it's been asked and answered... assuming that the above statement answered it. ;)

I need to start reading all of the posts carefully... :doh:

i can get out there on tuesday, i will call and see if it is still around, i will grab a video of it and post it up on youtube for you guys.

Sammy,

That's awfully nice of you.

I'm planning on buying a '96-'97 sometime in the near future, but not quite ready to pull the trigger yet.
So don't do it on my account!

Again, thanks for your generousity(sp).

Mot

Thank you

i can get out there on tuesday, i will call and see if it is still around, i will grab a video of it and post it up on youtube for you guys.

Thank you, Sammy. That is fantastic of you.

My big concern is rust/oxidation. Being a lifelong southerner, I have not dealt with a rusty car before. Also, I have this vision of all vehicles north of North Carolina being eaten with rust and rot.

Once again, I appreciate it.

Jeremy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom