For Sale 96 LX450 (FZJ80) North FL part out in stages (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Threads
Edit 2/11/2013

I am starting a new job and will be spending more time away from the property where what is left of the 80 is located, this part out has about run its course, It is time to start a parts thread and showcase only whats left, if you want to contact me about small easy to ship parts, or if you can pick up in N FL i may be able to work something out but be prepared response time will be slow.

I want to Thank all of you who purchased parts, my 80 lives on in your 80 and between the proceeds of this sale combined with other funds we will be getting mom another Toyota, unfortunately not a land cruiser, just not in the budget.

Thank you
Raven Smith

A few months ago my LX450 was crushed by a tree in the driveway, after looking at several options a part out is the best course.
https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/593092-i-need-drink-make-several.html
pictures http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.344294045636421.79154.100001674848845&type=1&l=af84e7a7e6

Drive parts now available

This is a rust free 1996 Lexus LX450 with 261K miles, black and grey exterior and a oak/tan/brown interior,

Most of the LX450 parts will also fit 95 -97 Toyota land cruisers, there are a few differences center console, radio, AC, body cladding, grille and headlights, some parts will also work on 93/94 cruisers though the interior is different, and a select few LX 450 body parts will fit on all 80 series 1991 to 1997

If you have a question about part interchange shoot me a PM, I know quite a bit but not everything.

You can also find info in this thread

https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/15223-fzj80-vs-lx450.html

Lift gate, passenger side rear sliding window, rear passenger side door, pass side 2nd row seat, sun roof, head liner and windshield were destroyed by the tree , the hood got some small dents, it is usable depending on your standards,

The interior of this one has seen better days, drivers seat, steering wheel, are not in good shape, carpet is rough, the reaming straight body parts are in very good shape,

Unfortunately I am in desperate need of a replacement vehicle that can safely and reliably get my mom to her treatments every three weeks and also tow my trailers, this LX450 was designated for that role and its loss has made logistics difficult for both of us, I apologize in advance but I cannot sell these parts quick on the cheap, my family needs what funds can be salvaged from this vehicle to procure another one, for like new parts I am looking for about %40 of new part price, or what the market will bear whichever is lower, less if it is not like new, I parted out a 97 LX450 here several years ago and everyone seamed happy with the customer service I provided, I will do my best to take care of any problems after the sale. i want you to be happy with your purchase, for payments paypal is easy, I will also accept personal checks from long standing members.

Shipping will be my best estimate of actual shipping cost, small parts that will flat rate ship may be quoted with a shipped price, I am mainly using USPS, other services may be used if needed. I live out in the sticks, a trip into town soaks up the better part of a day, so I would like to keep shipping days to twice a week, Monday and Thursday, I apologize in advance for any delay this causes in receiving your parts.

If you are interested in a part post here or send me a PM, I can take pictures of part condition as needed so you know exactly what you are buying.

Larger parts that cannot be shipped (anything that will not fit, or that I do not want in the trunk of my LS400) will have to be picked up in person here in Dixie county FL. I am about an hour west of Gainsville near the coast and the Suwannee river.

I will keep the following post up to date with what is available and not available,

Highlights of available parts:
Check back often I have some interesting and unusual 80 series parts that will be going up. prices are without shipping unless noted. "shipped" prices are for continental US.

Hand throttle $75, can include my gas pedal if you need the bracket it for $10 http://www.sleeoffroad.com/products/products_interior_main.htm

Engine, 261K miles, has smoked on start for about the last 60K steadily getting worse, recent development after sitting it has an unidentified tick, both smoking and tick noise go away after warmup, excellent rebuild candidate, no head gasket issues now or in the past, longblock, including oil pan & valve cover, no accessories, $1,250 OBO, crating and shipping extra, pickup preferred, video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0ZxWdDVMVo

Spare 1FZ head, complete with cams and valve train, $250, this is something I picked up from another user and really have no history on, I got it just to have in case I needed it, It has sat in my garage for years, no apparent issues to the naked eye but I give guarantee of usability as I did not pull it.

Transmission, shifts perfectly, no external damage or corrosion, run with Mobil 1 ATF for the last 160K, make offer

Transfer case, no issues, no external damage or corrosion, run on Mobil 1 gear oil last 160K. make offer.

dash, no cracks perfect condition, $100, large item shipping will be high, pickup preferred.

Headlight $150 each, both available

Grille, includes gold "L" $110

Drivers master power window/door lock switch, $70, I replaced this in 2005 or so, new OEM toyota from Cdan, so it is much fresher than most out there

OEM CDL switch $45 shipped

other switches $25 shipped

Hood $25, pickup only, substantial dent near back, only affects appearance, still aligns with all other body parts and opens and closes perfectly, pictures by request.

key and cylinder set, $150
2 internally cut Lexus keys
2 door cylinders
1 lift gate cylinder with Lexus logo flip cover
glove box lock
one ignition key cylinder (just the mechanical key cylinder part, I still need the electrical half of the ignition switch)
this could be good for someone who wants to convert their Toyota to the more difficult to pick Lexus keys or if someone who has a stolen key floating arround out there,

96 LX450 PDF manuals on CD, $15 shipped shoot me a PM.

"RavenTai" modded coolant temp gauge, $80 shipped, includes oil pressure gauge, 2 available

Grab handles for blank over drivers head (tan color), $30 shipped 3 available includes screws and screw covers,

LX450 Radio, (head unit only, requires amp) $65
LX450 Amp $20
LX450 CD changer $40
LX450 double bin center console, $50, includes "sub" makes space for cd changer, leather on armrest in rough condition, could be recovered, minor trim damage in back

Airbags $100 each,

Lift gate long "Lexus Lx450" Emblem, has a crack part way across the middle, still in one piece, $25

Electric fan, $40, see below, this is a high quality fan with a steel frame from another Toyota, fan blades are plastic, i made little extender brackets to use stock bolt holes on the 80 (added brackets in green spray paint) includes Fan, mount hardware, plug and about 6' of wire, you will have to provide a relay or switch setup to operate it, there are ghosts of a "CDS fan" setup in the US 80 series, that is what the empty bolt hoses are for, it was not used in the US but there is a spot in the fuse box for the relay and terminals on the AC pressure switch to operate the fan when the AC is running, I never got that far, when I was running in hot weather or when overloaded I would pop the hood and jam the wires into the battery terminals :doh:, it made a difference in ac output especially at slow speeds like in traffic.

DSCN0202.jpg

Last edited:
Reserved/Sold Pending Funds:
engine harness complete
front and rear passenger side door molding
passenger side fender with molding and flare
dual battery setup

Sold:
Left and Right front corner markers.
Remote fobs
Alarm box
both exterior mirrors,
Original carpeted floor mats
husky liners
passenger sun visor
passenger seat power for/aft motor
drivers door gasket (door side)
drivers exterior door handle
power antenna
Hazzard switch

Rolling chassis for frame swap:
Frame
complete axles, hub cap to hub cap with 5 wheels and tires,
locker controller, harness and switch
steering box and steering linkages
complete suspension
ABS unit, controller and wiring
brake master cylinder
fuel and brake lines
fuel pump, sender and harness
fuel tank,
cross member
parking brake cable and handle
spare tire winch
spare tools w/bag
factory manuals

Damaged/Destroyed:
Lift gate,
passenger side rear sliding window,
rear passenger side door (only the upper frame and glass was damaged, handles, door skin, cladding etc are good,)
pass side 2nd row seat,
sun roof,

Missing:
2nd row step plate oak color plastic push fasteners

Last edited:
Raventai,

So sorry about your 80 :crybaby:. PM sent regarding the HUSKEY LINERS. Also, if you have a PS mirror or mounts for (frame horns) for stock bumper.

Thanks,
Justin

On the bumper horns are we talking front or rear? on the front there are several parts between the bumper and frame, could you be more specific as to which you are wanting? I have have a complete bumper and mounting, straight, unbent.

the PS mirror is good.

Are the two spray nozzles on the hood still in good working condition? If so, i'd love to have them.

Are the two spray nozzles on the hood still in good working condition? If so, i'd love to have them.

Yes they are, $20 shipped

Paypal to raventai@yahoo.com include a shipping address,

I can have them in the mail Monday.

Send me a price for the Driver side, side view mirror to 90040.

I am looking for some of the wood interior bits.

I need the wood strips that go in the door cards, the wood panels that fit in/around the window switches & the lower center shifter surround with molded wood covering. Are these in good condition on your vehicle? I.e. is the factory lettering still visible with no sun damage or spotting/bubbling?

If in good shape what do you want for them?

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you.

SC, is this going on a Toyota or Lexus? the reason I am asking is the LX450 "wood" is very different from and will not match the Toyota land cruiser wood at all.

Received my remote fobs today...fantastic !! ...2.5 days fr Fl to Wa ....not bad ....thx for smooth sale and speedy shipping..
Put me in line for the dual battery set up plz

Scott

RavenTai said:
SC, is this going on a Toyota or Lexus? the reason I am asking is the LX450 "wood" is very different from and will not match the Toyota land cruiser wood at all.

They are going in my non-wood interior 80. I like the look of the Lexus wood vs aftermarket stick on. The fit and finish looks better plus the princess likes the looks of the OEM Lexus wood interior. I plan on getting my steering wheel redone with new leather and matching real wood like another Mud member did. I think that this will really help the interior along with Shane's new leather kit.

then what you will actually need is all 4 inner door skins as i will not separate the wood bits from the door skins and you will also need the shifter console, the LX450 wood does not de-laminate is is solid through and through. last I saw there was one small tear in the left aft door skin, I will pull them tomorrow look them over and get pictures and a price for the wood set. PM me an e-mail address.

Just a quibble both the 96-97 Lexus LX450 and 95-97 Toyota Land cruisers are a FZJ80, so "80" does not differentiate between the two. but since you have a no wood 80 it must be the Toyota flavor.

Last edited:
gbnxbxbxdfbzxbzdbzdbzdvbzdfbnchgmbjk.nkl.

Last edited:
Received my remote fobs today...fantastic !! ...2.5 days fr Fl to Wa ....not bad ....thx for smooth sale and speedy shipping..
Put me in line for the dual battery set up plz

Scott

Very cool, Pleasure doing business with you :cheers:

:cheers:

Price for passenger side visor, Driver door handle, driver door glass? My zip is 39110

passenger side visor is tight, in good shape $65 + actual shipping cost

Drivers door handle, inner or outer? the inner handle/lock assy has a broken return sping in the lever, it still functions fine but the lever hangs loose about 1/2" and looks goofy. $10 shipped
The outer is in decent shape with some scratches in the recess, looks like the PO wore a diamond ring or something, will not include key lock cylinder, this is easy to sawp over from your handle, $30 shipped

Drivers door glass is $45, this one will be difficult and expensive to ship, it will take a big box, I am guessing it will be north of $100 with shipping. if you are interested I can find out what shipping will be.

Got the passenger side front door open today, I had originally thought this one was bent as it did nto line up to the body but further examination shows the door is still straight, the b pillar popped out pushing the door out, damage list edited above,

I also got the lift gate pried up, and the tail gate looks OK but I cannot get it open, the body is pulling outwards on it on both sides, for fear of damaging it I have not yet tried to force it open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom