96 LX completed 7 pin mod....by itself? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
A few months ago, I removed and rebuilt the rear section of my transfer case. Recently, I shifted my vehicle to low range, and the center diff actuator refused to shift and lock the transfer case. I have a center diff switch, and in high range and low range, the actuator will shift properly when the switch is engaged, but not when its supposed to when I shift into low range.

To specify, I have not done the 7-pin mod. My transfer case should lock automatically when I put it in low range.

Is there a position switch on the transfer case I messed up? Everything worked correctly for months and many off road trips after rebuilding the rear output bearing and seal, all of a sudden it stopped a week or so ago when I noticed it.

Any common issues I should look at? I thought the actuator might be causing issues, but since it shifts like its supposed to with the center diff lock button, I don't think the actuator is the issue.

Thanks in advance!!!!!

When looking at the transfer case from the rear of the vehicle, in the 1 o'clock position there is a connector attached the the low range position switch. If that connector is removed/damaged the CDL will not activate automatically in low range.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom