Wanted 95-97 80 Series; fully baselined & rust-free in the SE (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Folks, I'm hoping you can help.

I'm nearing the point where I need to turn in my 2015 DCLB Tacoma on lease, and would love to find another 80 series (having owned some prior I truly miss driving them).

What I'm looking for is a stock (or near stock), very clean (ding/dent free if possible) & rust-free, 95-97 Land Cruiser or LX450. To narrow it down a bit ideally it will be fully-serviced/baselined, e.g. mechanically sound for peace of mind, no oil leaks, cooling system/HG/PHH not needing attention,etc.

Certainly in this condition these are becoming harder to find; thus, I'm willing to pay more of a premium. In addition, I'm in SW FL so I'll likely be flying to buy then driving it home.

If you have what I'm looking for (and possibly not listed yet) please reach out to me.

Thanks, in advance!
Jason

Last edited:
Hey, mines listed on here, white 96 in south Mississippi for sale. I've spent a lot under the hood. Check it out and see if it's what you're looking for. if not, good luck, I hope you find a cool one.

Hey, mines listed on here, white 96 in south Mississippi for sale. I've spent a lot under the hood. Check it out and see if it's what you're looking for. if not, good luck, I hope you find a cool one.

Thanks, Tim! Looks like a very nice, well-built/maintained LC! For me, I'm looking for something closer to stock even though the upgrades you've (or prior owner) made are excellent quality!

I just posted my 1997 LX450 in Knoxville that might meet your needs. Only mods are front bumper and small lift. Doesn’t leak a drop or have any mechanical/electrical issues.

Thanks, for reaching out. I checked it out, and does seemingly fit what I'm looking for. Not to mention, we will be in the Knoxville area in a couple weeks. If it's still available, and I haven't found another I would like to see it...what have you been towing with it, and did I read that right that it has a rebuilt/salvage title?

Last edited:
I’m in St. Petersburg. I’ve got 1 that will be for sale soon. Had a few dings and scratches. It got the needed attention of a skilled craftsmen and is literally coming out of the paint booth today. EVERYTHING mechanical has been replaced with OEM within the last 45 days including PHH and 6 new fuel injectors. If it’s in your price range you’ll want it. PM me.

Thanks, for reaching out. I checked it out, and does seemingly fit what I'm looking for. Not to mention, we will be in the Knoxville area in a couple weeks. If it's still available, and I haven't found another I would like to see it...what have you been towing with it, and did I read that right that it has a rebuilt/salvage title?

I haven’t ever towed this one. Just drive it everywhere. All my other 80’s I’ve towed with a GMC Sierra 3500 (diesel) just because that is what I have as a daily driver. You could tow it with anything that has a 5,000lb+ tow rating and a 16’ trailer.

Yes, it has a rebuilt title. I had never bought a rebuilt title vehicle and actually dismissed any Cruiser with a rebuilt title until this one. I thought it looked too good to be true when I saw it for sale a couple years ago because it was so clean. I drove to Asheville to check it out thinking it was a 25% chance i would buy it but the frame/drivetrain/interior was so clean I couldn’t pass it up. That coupled with the rationale that I would probably never sell it convinced me to buy it. Glad I did. Like I said in my post, it is the best one I’ve owned. I will be sad to see it go (so will my 7 yr old who has already asked to have it when he turns 16) especially when the snow comes this winter but I just don’t need a 4th vehicle. I will PM you my phone number so you can text if you have any questions or want to see it when in town.

IMG_3988.JPG
I have a 1995 white fj80 with 260k miles located in Cleveland Tennessee right outside of Chattanooga where it was bought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom