94 Toyota Pickup engine swap ideas?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What engines bolt right up to the factory 5 speed transmission. Would I need to do new engine mounts etc. This would be my first project. Any advice would help. Also new here

What engines bolt right up to the factory 5 speed transmission. Would I need to do new engine mounts etc. This would be my first project. Any advice would help. Also new here

Your question is in the wrong forum. The one you want is '95 and older Toyota trucks. This forum is for the 90 series Toyotas.

I know the newer Toyota 3.4 V-6 is a popular swap into the pickups. Don't know what's involved though. I'm sure you can do a search and get a lot of info, both on this website and others such as Yotatech.

As @89GASHOG suggested above, you would have better luck posting this in the 95 & Older Tech section linked below:

95-older Toyota Truck Tech

What motor are you starting with? A very common swap done in the 90-95 pickups is going from a 3.0L (3VZ-FE) to a 3.4L V6 (5VZ-FE). It's as straight forward as engine swaps go and both motors share the same bell housings and blocks so the motor mounts are the same. Tons of info online if you search up "3.4l swap"

Another common one is to swap out a 22RE for a 3RZ - and I believe those are pretty similar but they might need new motor mounts welded on...not sure though but tons of info if you google it too.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom