'94 FZJ73 Convert Power Windows to Manual? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.billstengel.com
Hello!
My 73 arrived the other day and I'm building lists of projects. The power window regulators are very tired and I'm curious to find out if swapping the motors out for crank handles is as straightforward as it looks in the parts diagrams. I'd have to sort out the door cards but aside from that, it looks rather simple.
Has anyone done this?

Thanks!

Are you trying to cancel the power windows? If yes, you can swap out for crank handles. The window regulators have to be changed.. The power window regulators are not the same as crank ones.
Yes, as you mentioned you will have to sort out door cards for manual operation..
My 75 series had power windows and locks but it was changed to crank style, they went bad and I replaced them. Very easy process. The electrical wires are still inside the door but they are not being used since it is manual now.. Hope this helps..

Are you trying to cancel the power windows? If yes, you can swap out for crank handles. The window regulators have to be changed.. The power window regulators are not the same as crank ones.
Yes, as you mentioned you will have to sort out door cards for manual operation..
My 75 series had power windows and locks but it was changed to crank style, they went bad and I replaced them. Very easy process. The electrical wires are still inside the door but they are not being used since it is manual now.. Hope this helps..
It definitely does. Thanks!

I finally made this swap today and thought I'd list the parts. The first pair of regulators I ordered were incorrect.
It's a 1994 FZJ73, manufactured in March of 1994. It has 1/4 vent windows.

Both working power regulators (work but are slow) with switches (work but could use a rebuild) as well as the relay box that was bolted to the inside of the driver's side door are all up for grabs if someone wants them. Just cover shipping from 87501.

The incorrect regulators I ordered first are also available for $60 for the pair + shipping from 87501. They're lacking the manual crank spindle. Perhaps they're the ones that take motors? They are part numbers 6980160030 and 6980260030. They've never been out of the plastic bags.

692662201008ESCUTCHEON, DOOR REGULATOR HANDLE(FOR FRONT DOOR)2 pcs
BOLT, FLANGE
6 pcs
692601004017HANDLE ASSY, FRONT DOOR WINDOW REGULATOR (GREY)2 pcs
6981060340REGULATOR ASSY FR (RIGHT)1 pc
6982060310REGULATOR ASSY FR (LEFT)1 pc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom