'94 FZJ73 Convert Power Windows to Manual? (1 Viewer)

Hello!
My 73 arrived the other day and I'm building lists of projects. The power window regulators are very tired and I'm curious to find out if swapping the motors out for crank handles is as straightforward as it looks in the parts diagrams. I'd have to sort out the door cards but aside from that, it looks rather simple.
Has anyone done this?

Thanks!

Are you trying to cancel the power windows? If yes, you can swap out for crank handles. The window regulators have to be changed.. The power window regulators are not the same as crank ones.
Yes, as you mentioned you will have to sort out door cards for manual operation..
My 75 series had power windows and locks but it was changed to crank style, they went bad and I replaced them. Very easy process. The electrical wires are still inside the door but they are not being used since it is manual now.. Hope this helps..

Are you trying to cancel the power windows? If yes, you can swap out for crank handles. The window regulators have to be changed.. The power window regulators are not the same as crank ones.
Yes, as you mentioned you will have to sort out door cards for manual operation..
My 75 series had power windows and locks but it was changed to crank style, they went bad and I replaced them. Very easy process. The electrical wires are still inside the door but they are not being used since it is manual now.. Hope this helps..
It definitely does. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom