94 1FZ cat back exhaust options (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If you don't have inspection in your area, the Magnaflow downpipe for the 95+ will work on a 93-94, and the aftermarket exhaust like the Borla should bolt right up to the downpipe. You just have to remove your Pair system and put the o2 sensors in the manifolds. If you have inspection, your options are more limited and will need to do something custom. Personally for my 93, I'll probably be getting the Magnaflow downpipe, relocate my o2 sensors to the manifolds and then have a muffler shop make me a custom 2.5" system with Magnaflow + a long resonator to make it quieter. The downpipes into a 2-1 cat looks like a good option if you can find new downpipes.

I was in the same boat you were for months. After ALOT of searching the web and calling dealers to source parts I decided to let my local muffler shop fab something for me last week. I did find some new OEM down pipes by some miracle though and had them install those while they were at it.

My advice is if you decide to do something custom locally OVER communicate with the shop doing it. Make sure they know exactly what you want. I would also purchase all the OEM hardware you need ( studs, nuts, gaskets, etc..) and supply it for the shop too. OEM gaskets for the exhaust system are a must.

I also went with a duel inlet single outlet system so I didn’t have to worry about my 27 year old, rusty, leaking, y-pipe. Hope this wasn’t too long winded. Just my thoughts. I’m not a pro mechanic but I’m happy with my results :cheers:

View attachment 2642184
View attachment 2642210
View attachment 2642211

I would also opt for a resonator if you’re wanting a magnaflow muffler. It’s kinda of annoying on long trips and the resonator will help with the volume.
@Lyle Kilson - finally was able to get all the parts in line and a found a well reviewed muffler shop who fully understands what needs to be done. We discussed your setup and he thought the 2 in was a great idea to replace the side by side cats. We’re going to go with probably an identical setup Magnaflow and all + resonator. We plan to push the resonator as far back as possible to accommodate the new rear bumper (whenever that arrives). Thanks again for the advice! We’re booked for the work to be done 2 weeks from now.

Im a bit concerned about going with a Magnaflow muffler though and may seek other options. How does yours sound on long trips with a resonator? Is it fairly quiet?

@Lyle Kilson - finally was able to get all the parts in line and a found a well reviewed muffler shop who fully understands what needs to be done. We discussed your setup and he thought the 2 in was a great idea to replace the side by side cats. We’re going to go with probably an identical setup Magnaflow and all + resonator. We plan to push the resonator as far back as possible to accommodate the new rear bumper (whenever that arrives). Thanks again for the advice! We’re booked for the work to be done 2 weeks from now.

Im a bit concerned about going with a Magnaflow muffler though and may seek other options. How does yours sound on long trips with a resonator? Is it fairly quiet?

That sounds awesome man! I’m stoked for you. Unfortunately I do not have a resonator, but I wish I did. I have plans to add one. It is a bit louder than I would like. It’s not “look at me” loud though. I’m actually happy with the tone, just could do with less volume. You have to share pics when it’s done.

I don’t understand why you would want to go this route when you have 95+ and better aftermarket options. Plus the two pipes from Toyota in the pics above are $600+. Really wish I understood what your trying to accomplish and why?

93-94 have dual bank fuel trimming, mixing both banks into a single pipe before the o2 sensors negates the point of dual bank trimming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom