$936 in labor to install Brake Booster Assembly w/ Master Cylinder?? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

He mentioned on FB that his unit will last 5 years.
Yet there are plenty of folks whose “rebuilt” unit from him lasted 2-6 months.

I’d like to see the list of parts put into a rebuild and near term life span of said rebuilt master cylinder. Beyond the motor, wasn’t aware of much else that could be rebuilt
you are correct. Motor can be rebuilt, MC plunger replaced, and a few grommets can be replaced, but that’s it.

Yet there are plenty of folks whose “rebuilt” unit from him lasted 2-6 months.
That's not good.

you are correct. Motor can be rebuilt, MC plunger replaced, and a few grommets can be replaced, but that’s it.
He was not clear on what he replaces on the master side when I asked him. On the motor side, he replaces brushes and commutator but not the bearings.

They were about $1k last fall when Toyota had their last parts sale- if you intend to keep your truck long term- it’s inevitable the unit will fail- if you have the means, buy a complete unit when it’s 45%off and hang on to it till you need it. The other risk to availability is when they are NLA.

They were about $1k last fall when Toyota had their last parts sale- if you intend to keep your truck long term- it’s inevitable the unit will fail- if you have the means, buy a complete unit when it’s 45%off and hang on to it till you need it. The other risk to availability is when they are NLA.
Problem w longterm pre-purchase is what to do if installed say 12m later and unit is defective.

Problem w longterm pre-purchase is what to do if installed say 12m later and unit is defective.
Fair point- it’s a gamble I suppose but very low odds you’ll have a defective unit out of the box unless there’s some apparent shipping damage that you’d take to account upon receiving.

@818Toyotafan - call your Lexus dealer, give them your VIN, get the exact part number, then go online or to your local Toyota dealer. My Lexus dealer charges full list on all parts, but you can at least get a solid part number from them before you shop around. I saved several hundred at my local Toy dealer on this part.

I got lucky and found a brand new OEM ABS master cylinder assembly from a MUD member who sold to me for $1000 after he no longer needed the full assembly. My local Toyota shop “Toy House” did install and bled the system for $428 out the door.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom