93 fzj80 power loss and diff lock issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I've had my 80 for just over a year now and have a few issues I'm trying to diagnos. The first is the intermittent power loss. The power loss is most noticeable from idle to 2000 rpm where it has no power at all. I have to put the pedal to the floor to get the motor to respond at all and it will eventually get going. Once it gets to 2-2.5k Rpms the power surges and seems like it has around 70% power. For my normal commuting it has been a major nuisance but bearable since I don't have stop and go traffic. Off-roading is another story. Had an interesting time last weekend on what was supposed to be a quick easy ride and turned into two deep creek crossings boulder fields and one real big rock right in the middle of a cliff side two track. Oh and lots of mud which I am not the biggest fan of.
Anyways almost got stuck at the big rock because power loss and the other issue is my diff locks center and front and rear. The lockers have and will engage, when they fee like it. During the warmer seasons they seem to lock easily. This winter they sometimes engage if I leave the switch on long enough and sometimes will just flash for the front/rear or the light will come on dim/intermittent (center).

The one thing I will say is the 80 series is an absolutely amazing off-road vehicle. How I made it through that trail with the issues I had is a testament to the landcrusier only wish I had had a go pro.

Sorry for the long description any advice is appreciated.

I vaguely remember EGR being mentioned as a cause of bogging at low RPMs then taking off around 2000. That and the TPS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom