92 Spare plug on drivers fender aft of fuse box - What is it for? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi and Happy New Year :beer: to the audience of experts on all things FJ80!

I have searched and found nothing :bang: on the little white 2-wire plug sitting just aft of the under hood fuse box right on top of the wheel well. (hope I used the right key words when I searched.) It has a white wire and a white with blue stripe with 12 v on the solid white wire. What is this plug for? Is it fused?
I am installing a power port (cig lighter) in the old choke hole right by the drivers left knee, and since there is power on that plug, I would like to use it as my tap location - But I don't want to screw something else up.

My Chilton's doesn't mention it, and I do not have a FSM.

Thanks!

FJ80 wire.jpg

If you'll post the year model, I may be able to help with a year model specific EWD.

16094680600354781382160542172581.jpg
Here is a pic of the plug end. Standard spade terminals which would be awesome so I wouldn't need to cut into anything.

PM me.

I too have seen this plug on my rig- (and admittedly have been too lazy to investigate further) but... what info do you have to share? Thx in advance, and Happy New Year.

Oh don't energize that! The explosive bolts will activate and your rear-end will fall off.

@ Rusty - and that is why I wanted to ask the experts first! Now I have even more questions!

Is there a way to energize the explosive bolts for the passenger seat???
(asking for a friend) :rofl:

I too have seen this plug on my rig- (and admittedly have been too lazy to investigate further) but... what info do you have to share? Thx in advance, and Happy New Year.
Unfortunately, I haven't reserched the models prior to '94, so I only know what I've heard, or read in those manuals. Maybe @Qtrhoss has something he can share with the group. When he finishes his light reading.

Hi and Happy New Year :beer: to the audience of experts on all things FJ80!

I have searched and found nothing :bang: on the little white 2-wire plug sitting just aft of the under hood fuse box right on top of the wheel well.
Headlamp cleaner motor in other markets. Unused in the US market. The solid white is a branch off fusible link FL MAIN which is rated at 100 amps, so for your use it is absolutely NOT fused.

Headlamp cleaner motor in other markets. Unused in the US market. The solid white is a branch off fusible link FL MAIN which is rated at 100 amps, so for your use it is absolutely NOT fused.
Thank you johnheld. I will investigate this and report back on how I use it as a viable tap for accessories. Thanks to all!

Thanks, Jon- You are truly a wealth of info for many, many people. Happy New Year.

Thanks, Jon- You are truly a wealth of info for many, many people. Happy New Year.
Wealth of info or fountain of bullsh*t. It's one of the other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom