92 FJ80 radiator (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Guy's.

FJ80 3FE radiator recommendations.

I have almost 300K on the original, and it is getting tiny leaks on top plastic section.

Since OEM is not available, I want to know what everyone else is using. Currently I am thinking CSF2709.

I have done some searching, but most FJ80 3FE threads have lots of FZJ80 recommendations:( .

Hoping for recommendations and thoughts on what you are using.

Feel free to PM me if you do not want to post on this.

Thanks in advance :cheers:.

HEFE

I have a CSF in my 92, has been working great for 2 years. I just had it checked out at the radiator shop during a refresh and they said it was still flowing great.

I also have a CSF and it's working good. OEM is not available unfortunately.

Ditto on the CSF I have it in my 92 I think the quality is very good all metal radiator no issues with mine been in there for 8 years

Thanks guy's that makes me feel better about getting a new radiator.

Does anyone have experience with all Al radiators?

One more question. Were you able to use OEM radiator cap?

Hey Guy's.

FJ80 3FE radiator recommendations.

I have almost 300K on the original, and it is getting tiny leaks on top plastic section.

Since OEM is not available, I want to know what everyone else is using. Currently I am thinking CSF2709.

I have done some searching, but most FJ80 3FE threads have lots of FZJ80 recommendations:( .

Hoping for recommendations and thoughts on what you are using.

Feel free to PM me if you do not want to post on this.

Thanks in advance :cheers:.

HEFE
CSF in my 1991 for several years. Fit and price the same as OEM. Used ORM cap.

Thanks again.

Just bought new OEM cap. My leak was right by cap so thought cap was leaking. Glad to know I can use OEM cap.

I have run a CSF x2 years in my 92 Cruiser. I have also replaced my fan clutch (stock aqua clutch), thermostat, water pump, etc, and she still runs hotter than I would like. (221* last weekend on a long 4low grade), 219 on long hwy grades in 2nd gear. I fault the radiator, and would look elsewhere than CSF. In fact, I am looking at other options currently.

Hopefully I will have better luck. Just purchased CSF radiator?

Get some weather stripping foam and get a good snug seal between the shroud and radiator, and the front of the radiator. This will make sure your fan is pulling the air through the radiator and not around the edges. I suggest doing the hoses. Especially the water pump intake hose. That is a complete PITA to do with the fan/shroud installed.

Just ordered waterpump/ thermostat/ and hoses. I know what you mean by water pump intake hose. Though about that last time I did thermostat.

Just ordered waterpump/ thermostat/ and hoses. I know what you mean by water pump intake hose. Though about that last time I did thermostat.
Have fun with that water pump it's not the easiest one in the world to put on

How's your fan clutch?
Seems good roars on start up. I bought new oil for it but not sure it is right. Made by Lucas. We have a local Hobby shop that carries these.
upload_2016-8-23_14-45-0.png

Went through several defective Koyo's(yes real Koyo) last year before I went with CSF. Should have done it to begin with.....no issues.

If your fan clutch the green hub,some people go with the Toyota silicone fluid but you can use that that stuff is good I have 30000 in mine out here in Phoenix I need it to pull a lot of air

There are a lot of good threads on mud on draining and adjusting your fan clutch I've done it quite a few times it's pretty easy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom