For Sale 88 X-Cab Turbo 5 speed 4WD DX, OK (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have an 88 X-Cab project that needs finishing, read on.. Pics should be available in a day or two.

Good:
Properly geared for 31's and lots of new stuff. 22RTE Turbo engine conversion from 87 truck with 130K on engine. Truck has about 220K on it. All the geartrain work was done by Toyota.

Details:
Tacoma 15 Inch Alloys
New paint last year (Light Metallic Blue)
New Windshield
New front bumper
New rear Marlin crawler bumper
new shocks
new grille
Replaced Rear slider glass, complete assembly
New door seals
New Toyota CV shafts
New Toyota Ring/Pinion in the rear
New wheel bearings
BF Goodrich AT 31 X 10.5 15LT 80%
4.56 gears
New Toyota right front brake caliper
New Toyota brake pads
New Toyota door armrests and handles
W56 Tranny/gear driven case
Spare W56/with T-case
New dryer and condenser for the A/C
New Timing Chain
Rebuilt Turbo CT-20
New Toyota Rebuilt Alternator
New Toyota Battery
New Toyota Belts
New Toyota Hoses
New Pioneer CD player
New Toyota Antenna
Electric Fan Conversion
Brand New Toyota Auto Locking Hubs ($500 right there.)

The Bad:
Interior upholstery needs to be redone, no carpet and bench seat is worn.
Bed interior needs bedliner as it was not painted in the repaint, I planned for rinoliner.
Engine uses alot of oil, may need turbocharger rebuilt, or rings may be worn. About 1 qt per 200 miles. Does not smoke except under heavy acceleration. Does not smoke at startup or while idling.
Needs Idle Kicker for A/C

This truck leaks no oil... except a bit of power steering fluid from the steering box. If anyone wants a nice Turbo 1st Gen here is a great project. Most of the work already done. $7500 invested, asking $5500

Willing to trade towards nice FZJ80 or the right FJ62(5 speed, lightly built w/lift and ARB front bumper, consider anything though.) I also have a stock locked FZJ80 for sale on this board.

Last edited:
hey can you post up some pics, and/or pm me where in oklahoma you are.

i am about 1.5 hours from the city and 1 hour from tulsa

I am located in Bray-Doyle, between Duncan and Pauls Valley, about an hour South of the City and probably 2 hours from you. As I said, pics available in a day or two. My truck is at the local airport since I have been out of town and I have to go fetch it to take pics.

My cell phone number 580-467-0288
Home 580-444-2244
Kristopher

Here are some photos

Bump for Pics

bfl.jpg

brr.jpg

bbed.jpg

bengine.jpg

About the same as a V6. Similar Horsepower.

Unless you cheat the wastegate. :-0

Bump, no body have any interest? Priced too high or is this the wrong place for such a ride?

Hmm, thats an idea. I will think about it... its a long way to Georgia. If you were closer it would be alot easier... But I will send you a PM and we'll discuss it.

Still open to any other offers or trades..... Anybody? Great little truck, brought back to Toyota spcs with Toyota parts, not cheap aftermarket stuff..

Help me out here, can't fit 6 people in a 5 people truck...

Bump for New years!

Bump, Thanks. Its cold here!

Bump for new price- $4500OBO

Bump for new price- $4100. Includes fiberglass camper shell and spare tranny/transfer case. I also have a 14' fishing boat with Evinrude 9.9 outboard for sale on CL I'll make someone a deal on the pair... Asking $1200 for the boat separately... $5000 for the pair.

Last edited:
i can't believe this truck hasn't sold.

if anyone between okc and stephenville, tx wants to buy this truck, i'll be down in a couple of months and i can deliver it.

OK someone come and get it for $3000. I bought a boat and I need to sell. The front hubs are stuck in 4WD, goofy auto hubs. No stereo for this price, but wiring factory wiring harness is there. Come on guys!

pix of the shell, and thoughts about why hubs r stuck?

I'll try and get some pics up tonight of the shell. Hubs, don't know. Just started locking in when they weren't suppose to. May need to put manual hubs on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom