'88 BJ70 RHD - OME Rear Springs Mismatch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
dumb.org
Hi all - I bought springs for my truck from a local resource. I bolted up the left side fine. The right side spring is short.

I received CS017RA marked 1D22, which is what I was trying to get on the right-hand side of the car. I was able to bolt up the other wide, which is CS017RB / 12D21.

Are the springs mismatched on this vehicle intentionally? I cannot get it to fit. I'm about half an inch short at the shackle and at the axle mount-point. Hoping I just got them backwards or something, even though that's a million more hours of work to fix.

Thanks.

CS017RA / CS017RB should be correct for a BJ70. The A spring goes on the driver side, always, regardless RHD or LHD vehicle. If not, the vehicle will most likely lean. Don't ask how I would know...
Post in thread 'LHD BJ73 - OME Leaf Spring Correction' LHD BJ73 - OME Leaf Spring Correction - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/lhd-bj73-ome-leaf-spring-correction.1261041/post-14080134
When looking closely you'll note they are a bit different in bending and also length. However, if the shackles are correct, center pin on axle is in the hole and the orientation front / back is right, it is possible to install them on the wrong side (I did it). The spring can't be that much too short, so I recommend to check on those aspects.
Good luck Ralf

CS017RA / CS017RB should be correct for a BJ70. The A spring goes on the driver side, always, regardless RHD or LHD vehicle. If not, the vehicle will most likely lean. Don't ask how I would know...
Post in thread 'LHD BJ73 - OME Leaf Spring Correction' LHD BJ73 - OME Leaf Spring Correction - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/lhd-bj73-ome-leaf-spring-correction.1261041/post-14080134
When looking closely you'll note they are a bit different in bending and also length. However, if the shackles are correct, center pin on axle is in the hole and the orientation front / back is right, it is possible to install them on the wrong side (I did it). The spring can't be that much too short, so I recommend to check on those aspects.
Good luck Ralf

Thanks. Looks like I have some more work to do.

Did putting them on in any specific order help?

Also, the diagrams show the shackles oriented with the short side up, but the inversion bar prevents me from getting the distance I need from the shackle...

OH well. I'll get it. Hopefully before the rains come.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom